Chapter Three

Amber's P.O.V

A few days had passed, and I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm. I really need to change that song.

I groaned and rolled over, shutting it up.

The silence was perfect and my eyelids became heavy, they closed slowly and I was again enclosed in sleep.

The next thing I know, I woke up to Mum's voice.

"Amber. Amber! Wake up. It's almost time for school." She said, standing in my doorway.

"Mmm I'll get up in 5 minutes.." I muttered.

But some people obviously don't understand the length of 5 minutes, considering Talia  instantly  jumped directly on top of me.

"TALIA! Ugh get OFF me!" I flipped her off my bed and she sprinted out of my room.

I chased Talia downstairs and into the loungeroom, I had her cornered and she had no escape.

I dived in and tackled her to the ground, then completely messed up her neatly braided hair ready or school.

"I'm gonna get you back this afternoon, you better watch your back." I said with an evil grin as I stood up and began to walk upstairs.

Talia frantically ran to the bathroom to fix her hair for school.

I tiredly walked into my en suite, grabbing a towel on the way. I turned on the shower and stipped of my cosy pyjamas.

I jumped into the steaming hot shower and let my skin soak in the boiling water.

After scrubbing, washing, shaving and cleaning I decided its about time to get out of the shower since my fingers had started to go wrinkly.

I changed into my boring school uniform and threw my hair into a ponytail as I was running out of time. I slid my glasses on and bundled my books together before piling them into my bag.

"Honey," Mum said knocking on my door, "You missed the bus, so you'll have to drive yourself to school today."

"Or I could just have the day off?"

"No, it's Friday. You get two days off for the weekend."

I pouted and turned around, following her down the stair case.

"Bye Amber, See you this arvo!" Mum called out as I walked outside.

"Bye" I replied.

I walked over to the garage, opened the big sliding door and walked over to my car. That's right, my car.

My uncle rebuilt it for me and gave it to me as a birthday present last year. I haven't used it much. It is a Volkswagen Beetle 1963 model. Colour... bright yellow. I hate driving it... especially to school! Imagine what people would have to say about that.

I headed back inside, fluttering eyelashes at Mum while asking her whether I could borrow her car.

"No texting or calling while you drive, don't have loud music on, don't put the top of the convertible down, and do NOT crash it!" I grabbed her keys from her and thanked her lots, then unlocked her red Lexus SC430 Convertible, which was awaiting someone to drive it away.

* * *

I pulled into the school carpark and got weird looks from the people around me

"Haha, it matches her hair"

"She must've missed the bus"

"She probably doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of everyone on the bus again!"

"I thought she was broke"

"Why does she have an awesome car?"

"She's trying to be cool"

"She'll never fit in"

"Why even try to be cool?"

"She's such a weirdo"

I ignored it all and walked straight past them, locking the car as I walked away, prepared for another bad day.

* * *

"HOW IS MY CAR?" Mum asked me when I returned home from school.

"It's fine, Mum. No need to worry."

"Ok, good. How was your day at school?" She asked

"Allright. And you?"

"Mine was GREAT!" Talia interrupted.

"I wasn't asking you!" I said and headed upstairs.

I instantly got changed into grey track pants, a black hoodie with an owl on it and white, fluffy ugg boots.

I hopped on my laptop and logged in instantly received notifications.

'Ryan_Smith added you to Skype'

'You have a new follower on Twitter! @Ryan_Smith_'

I clicked on Facebook and saw that I had two new messages.

~~

Ryan Smith:

Hello again x

~

Ryan Smith:

oops I didn't mean to write that on the end

~~

I laughed and my fingers instantly replied without my brain even thinking.

~~

Amber Grey:

Heyy! Ahah

~~

~~

Ryan Smith:

How are you?

~~

~~

Amber:

I'm fine, you?

~~

~~

Ryan:

Yeah pretty good.

~~

~~

Amber:

You have never talked to me before... why did you suddenly start messaging me?

~~

~~

Ryan:

I would just like to get to know you.

~~

~~

Amber:

Oh okay :)

~~

~~

Ryan:

Can we be friends?

~~

~~

Amber:

Why would a popular guy like yourself want to be friends with me?

~~

~~

Ryan:

Because you're a lovely girl.

~~

~~

Amber:

You barely know me though..

~~

~~

Ryan:

Lets change that then.

I have to go, talk tomorrow Amber

~~

~~

Amber:

Okay, bye..

~~

And then he logged off.