Chapter Sixteen

Amber's P.O.V

"I don't wanna go home!" I whined at Ryan.

"I don't want you to go home!" He replied, a smirk on his face.

Ryan and I were sitting on the lounge, watching TV.

It's 4:30 and I knew I should probably go home soon, I was still at his house from the night before.

"How about you sleep here again?" Ryan suggested.

"SURE!!!" I yelled, right as Ryan's Mum walked into the room.

"Since you're sleeping here again, Amber, you two should go out and do something."

"Good idea, what about Ice Skating?" I suggested.

"Yeah! Great idea!" Ryan agreed. "But Mum, you're NOT coming!"

Julie laughed.

"I can't ice skate to save my life! I think I'd rather stay here and relax." She said.

"That's a good idea. Amber, if we leave soon, we can go to the 6:00-9:00 session and we get free food during that session time!"

"Awesome! I better go home and get ready... if I take your car, I'll meet you back here at 5:30 then we can leave. Is that alright with you?"

"Sure. See ya soon!" He exclaimed, throwing me his car keys.

"Bye Ry! By Julie!" I exclaimed, walking out the door.

I climbed into Ryan's ute and turned it on, driving away.

When I arrived home, I stepped inside to see balloons, streamers and about 10  13 year-olds sitting in a circle, playing Truth or Dare.

"Hey Amber!!" Talia's best friend, Kirsty, exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hey Kirsty."

I walked over to Mum, who was on the couch reading a book.

"What's going on?" I asked, clearly confused by the situation.

"It's Talia's birthday party! Did you forget?" Mum said.

"Um... maybe... anyways, Ryan and I are going to go ice skating at 6:00, then can I stay there again tonight?"

"Sure honey, I don't think you'd want to be here with a bunch of 13 years olds!"

"Thanks Mum! I've got to get ready... see ya soon!" I said, standing up and walking up stairs.

When I got to my room, I put on a pair of purple skinny jeans (By the way... I love coloured skinny jeans!), a loose, grey t-shirt and a green hoodie.

I brushed my hair and put it into a neat, casual ponytail at the back, but then decided to take it out and did a fishtail braid down my back.

I took off my glasses and put them on my desk.

I picked up my make-up bag filled with things I never use.

I opened it and looked inside, before sighing and put it down.

I put my glasses back on and grabbed a change of clothes for tomorrow, putting them in a bag.

When I skipped downstairs, I looked at the time.

5:05.

It's only a 5 minute drive to Ryan's, if I leave here at 5:20, I will get there at around 5:25, then we can leave his house at around 5:30.

Perfect plan!

 "TIME FOR PASS THE PARCEL!" I heard Talia yell.

When I entered the loungeroom, I saw all of Talia's friends sat in a huge circle, with a neatly wrapped parcel in Talia's hands.

I ran over and sat next to Kirsty.

When Mum started the music, which was in fact the Up All Night album by One Direction, Talia passed it around the circle.

Mum pressed pause many times in each song, and each time the music stopped, someone would unwrap a layer of wrapping paper and they would get to keep whatever is inside that layer.

"Under the lights tonight,

You turned around,

And you Stole My Heart!"

I sang along until Mum paused it, and surprisingly, the parcel stopped on me!

"Yay!!" I cheered, excited that I finally won something.

I unwrapped the layer of wrapping paper, to find a huge Caramello Koala (Yum yum yum nom nom nom YUMMMY) and a lollipop.

When it got to the last layer, I was humming along when Kirsty passed me the parcel right when Mum paused the music. (She sat with her back to the circle of kids so she couldn't see who it would land on)

"YES!!!! AMBER HAS WON AGAIN!!!" I yelled as I unwrapped the last layer of wrapping paper, revealing a family-size block of caramel chocolate, a bag of Freddo Frogs with 24 in it, and a packet of gum.

"Aha awesome.. Thanks Mum!" I said.

"That's NOT fair! Someone who was actually INVITED to my party was meant to win!" Talia exclaimed, looking angry.

"Get over it Tal. I'm going now." I got up and walked toward the front door. "See Ya Mum, Bye Talia, Goodbye Talia's Friends." I exclaimed as I picked up my overnight bag which was placed next to the door.

"Want some money?" Mum asked me, holding out a $50 note.

"Oh, wow! Thanks Mum!" I gave her a hug before walking outside.

That money will cover getting into the ice skating rink and food.

Wait, the food is free during the 6:00-9:00 session... well I guess I could keep the rest of the change!

Tonight is going to be amazing. :D

~ * ~ * ~ *

Sorry for the late upload.

I've been sooooo busy at school!

And last weekend I did the 40 Hour Famine :D

And I've been trying to write my other stories The Bucket List and It's Everything About You. (The Bucket List isn't uploaded yet.. but when it is, read it please : ) ;P lol

And I've been trying to write Little Song Bird (a joint story between me and Aponycalleddenny. It's on our account DennyBear24 (creative, hey) and so pretttttttttty please read it!?!?!?!????!?

And I've had writer's block :/

ALSO:  Comment below and try to guess what The Bucket List is about... if your guess is correct or the closest, you will get the first chapter dedicated to you!!

Ok, thanks guys :D

Tonight shall be interesting...

~ Bells xo