Bicycles

Bicycles?

My face contorted into confusion as the previous smile I held on my face disappeared. I had the door to my house wide open with my own personal celebrity standing before it. His pearly white teeth shined along with the sun as his gem-like eyes lit up with excitement. This boy was truly handsome and remarkable inside and out. I could never get enough. He looked perfect in his slightly baggy, ripped jeans and a sweatshirt with black converse. On his wrist was a tiny bracelet I made as a joke, but he kept it anyway. Behind his tall figure lay a big, black bike with pegs covered in blue dragon designs. When he showed up to my house excited and ready, I was ecstatic. I then became weary when he mentioned his bike.

"You want to ride a bike? On our first date?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, it'll be fun! I was having a tough time trying to come up with the perfect date and Stacey told me you have never ridden a bike before. I thought it was a good idea to remedy that," Leon sounded so happy while my soul was occupied with shitting itself. Stacey was becoming a growing pain in my side. First, I was never taught how to ride a bike. Not even with training wheels. Two, I was scared I would make a fool of myself in front of Leon. Three, I really didn't want to fall on my first date.

"Leon," My voice shook uneasily. "I-I'm not sure this is a good idea. I don't have any gear or-" I trailed off. Hoping he would change his mind about me riding, but of course, things don't ever work in my favor.

He held up his hands and his grin got wider, "That's okay. I went and bought your kneepads, arm pads, a helmet, and everything already. I don't want to risk my cutie getting hurt," He winked.

Me? Blushing?

Never.

Leon Dixon is something else entirely. I mean, who does that? Only Leon would think of something so thoughtful and considerate. How could I possibly say no to him teaching me how to ride a bike? Gosh, he makes me melt whenever I see his smile. I become putty in his hands and I'm beginning to think he knows that. How could he not?

"Okay," I breathe out and a timid smile graces my face.

Off we go.

———

"Good, good. You're doing great, Mia. Keep moving slowly. See, you got it!" He encouraged.

I was beginning to get the hang of riding a bike. I had to admit that although I was skeptical, I was having an amazing time. Our first date was already the best compared to, well-nothing. This was the only experience I had with boys. I'm starting to wonder why I never went out with anyone before.

Maybe because no one has asked you on a date before.

Ditto. Now focus on the gorgeous boy who's cheering you on.

I circled the bike around once more and made my way to Leon. His warm eyes twinkled and his pearly whites nearly blinded me. My smile matched his by the time I pulled up beside him. He slid my helmet off for me and gave me a high five before he pecked my forehead which caused me to blush.

"How'd I do?" I asked.

"Well, because you are lucky to have the best teacher in the universe," He paused and acted as if he were thinking hard. "I would say you have almost perfected bike riding,"

"Almost?" I quirked.

He laughed, "I was thinking you could ride a little bit faster. We've been going slow the past hour. What do you think?"

"Sounds daring," I waggled my brows and he chuckled. "I'm in."

"Alright. So just ride down the sidewalk as we practiced, but not too far and circle back," He told me and I nodded. I moved to take my helmet back, but he stepped away. I looked to him in confusion. "Be careful." His tone was serious.