Chapter Thirty-Seven

Alyssa's POV

I left for work when it started to get dark. Pero bago pa ako umalis ng bahay ay pumunta muna ako sa kwarto nila mommy.

My parents were talking right when I knocked. They let me in, they were smiling at me as if they were happy to see me. I could not see the hatred in their eyes, and it is making me boil in the inside.

How are they good at hiding their true feelings? Bakit ang galing nilang itago na hindi talaga nila ako tanggap?

"I am about to go to work, but naisip ko na kausapin kayo about something important."

"What is it anak?" Mom asked motioning me to sit next to her. "What is this important thing that you wanted to talk."

I took a deep breathe. "Why don't you marry me off to a business man?" I asked.

My question made their jaw drop. I laughed bitterly as I looked on my hands. Mom and dad looked at each other, trying to figure out why I suggested that.

"Anak, I was just joking when we were talking about my colleague's son!"

"I know you were joking dad, pero, alam ko din na deep inside you wanted us to get to know each other."

"Alyssa..."

"You wanted me to change, right? Bakit hindi kayo ang gumawa ng paraan for me to change? If you really wanted me to be a woman, the daughter you have been asking for, then, maybe marry me to a man you guys would like."

Ngumiti ako sakanila, I blinked, trying to stop the tears that are threatening to come out from my eyes.

"Alyssa, hun, tanggap ka namin. We don't want to change you or..."

"Oh yeah? Tanggap niyo ba talaga ako? Why do I feel like you are just saying that to make me feel okay?" I asked, looking at my dad. "Dad, why do you keep on asking about him every time I get home from work?"

Napaiwas ng tingin ang daddy. My mom rubbed my arm, trying to calm me down. Naramdaman niya na siguro ang panginginig ko.

"I don't know why you like women." Dad finally said, "I don't understand to why... like why, Alyssa?"

"Do you even love me?"

"Alyssa, of course I do, you are my daughter."

"Yes, and that's just it! You love me because I am your daughter. Because I came from you." Sagot ko naman sakanya. "Siguro kung hindi mo ako anak at ganito ako, hindi mo yan masasabi."

Tumayo ako at saka hinarap sila. Walang magawa ang mommy kundi ang tumingin sa pintuan sa likuran ko. They could not look in my eyes, probably because the pain in my eyes were too visible.

"We are trying."

"Stop trying, mom. I gave up on pleasing you and dad." I wiped my tears. "Ayaw ko na ding mahirapan, so just, do whatever you wanted to do with me! If you wanted me to change, then do something."

"I am not going to force you to do something you don't like to do, Alyssa." Said my father making me laugh! "I am not going to force you to marry a man you don't like."

My laughter turned to cries. I face palmed myself as I cried on my hands.

"Stop lying, just please, stop."

I don't fucking care if hindi nila masabi na hindi nila ako tanggap pero sana, hindi nila ideny. Nagiging makasalanan pa sila ng dahil saakin.

Tumigil ako sa pag-iyak at saka tumingin sakanilang dalawa. I smiled, forcefully.