Chapter Thirty

"I'm serious, we are having a date."

"How?"

"Basta, akong bahala."

Gulung-gulo ako. Could I really trust her with this? She is way to careless to pull off a date without revealing it to anyone.

"Alyssa," I pulled my hand once we get in her room. "I need to know your plans."

"Then it's not going to be a surprise if I tell you."

"Forget the surprises."

"Dennise..."

"Surprises is out of our relationship." I firmly said.

Hindi naman sa nagiging kill joy ako o ano. My point is, it is too risky! Baka kami pa masurpresa pag nalaman nilang may relasyon nga kami.

"We are in a secret relationship, I suggest we make the best out of it," she sighed. "Bago pa nila malaman."

Tumingin ako sakanya. "It is too risky."

"It is risky, but it's all worth it."

"I'm sorry, but I am not agreeing with this."

"Babe, we are dating! Agreeing to be in a relationship with me is a decision you have made even when you know that it's risky and complicated. Have you forgotten that?"

"No, I haven't forgotten about all that."

"Then why can't you..."

"I am being careful." I half-yelled, I feel like crying. "I feel afraid every second, minute that I am with you. I am afraid na baka bigla nilang malaman at pag hiwalayin tayong dalawa, and that's the worst thing that will happen, Alyssa."

Feel ko kasi, may nanunuod. The mansion is full of eyes that can see us from afar. Kahit sa kwarto niya, feeling ko may nakakakita saamin.

I might be paranoid or what, but you can't blame me.

Alyssa walked closer.

"I'm sorry if you feel that way. I promise, if they see us, or found out, tbe blame will be on me. I'll protect you, I promise."

She smiled, holding my face with her palms. Ngumiti siya at hinalikan ako sa noo.

We hugged. The warmest hug I am getting used to.

At dinner table, everyone was talking about their day, the good news and all.

"We planned to have a church wedding two weeks from now, dad." Jarred said making us look at him. "I mean, my fiancè's family has business meetings and all after that, kaya yun!"

"Wow. I still can't believe you are getting married."

"Right? It's been five years since we asked you to marry her already!"

Natawa si Jarred. "Mom, alam mo namang studies and work ang priority namin ni sweetheart 5 years ago. Plus, we wanted to have a house first before really going to the next level."

Jarred and her fiancè looked into one another's eyes. "I love you," the woman said making me smile.

Couple goals si Jarred at yung fiancè niya. They have been a couple for 8 years. Their dreams came true and now, family nalang ang kulang.

"How about you Dennise?"

"Po?" I looked at Mr. Valdez.

"How is your fiancè?"

"Oh. He is all fine po."

He wiped his lips. "I mean, how is he as a man? Husband material ba?"

Husband material nga ba siya? We have been boyfriends and girlfriend for a year. I don't know him yet! At least not fully.