Chapter Two

Alyssa's POV

Kaagad kong ibinulsa ang phone ko when my friend, Ara, came to pull me with her.

"Come on, Aly! We did not come here to be on our phones!"

"My uncle Andrei texted me," I lied. "Why can't you leave me alone, Ara?"

"Because you are my best friend." She grinned. "Plus, you agreed with our no phones allowed when we are with friends policy."

"I did. But not when it is important." I said before looking behind and watched Shiela do her backward skating. "Why don't you go with your girlfriend? She looks lonely."

Ara looked at her girlfriend and I saw how her eyes sparkled from happiness.

"Skate with us then..."

Nag skate kami ni Ara palapit kay Shiela. We joined her around the ice skating rink. We talked, laughed, and fooled around.

"I can't believe it's snowing." Shiela said holding Ara's hand. "Babe, didn't you say it is going to be sunny today?"

"I did. Well, I saw it in the weather app. The app is a liar, I could say."

"Nah. You are a liar." Said Shiela pinching Ara's ears. "I think you just made that up to drag me and Aly here. You know naman na we both hate snow."

"I don't hate it, Shiela. I don't like the cold, that's all." Sabad ko naman sakanilang dalawa.

Nagstay muna kami sa ice skating rink. We did laps by laps until we got tired. I sat on the bench and watched the snow fall from the sky.

Someone sat next to me, and my hand suddenly felt warm.

"Hi," Mika greeted smiling at me. "You didn't invite me?"

Naghawakan kami ng kamay at nag katinginan. "You said you have your band practice."

"Well, I did. Pero I did not say na it will take a while."

"I'm sorry. I just thought you don't like us hanging-out in public, or when I'm with my friends."

"Alyssa," she sounded worried.

"I like you, Mika. And I wanted you to be my girlfriend."

"I like you, too. Pero hindi pa ako ready to commit." She put her chin on my shoulder while still looking at me. "I'm not against same sex relationship, pero, it is the commitment that I'm scared to get into."

"I understand. Kaya nga I'm waiting 'till you are ready, diba?"

I felt her nodded. She stand up and kissed my cheek before she left. Sighing, I watched her back disappear. I waited till everything calmed down.

"I'm going home, lovebirds!" I yelled getting everyone's attention. But of course, sila Ara ang tinitignan ko.

My friends stopped from kissing. They waved goodbye making me make my way home.

Ara is a lesbian, and Shiela? She was straight, she had a boyfriend but they broke up. I can't really tell if she is also a lesbian, but meh, she's kissing my best friend. So yeah.

And there is Mika Reyes. She is my long time crush. I just tried asking her out this year. Took me four years to do that. Nothing happened tho, it is complicated.

"I'm home!" I yelled once I locked the door behind me.

"Hey, man!" My uncle Andrei hugged me. "You need to tone it down. Your auntie Michelle's kids are sleeping."

"Oh! They are here now? That is awesome!"

I have been waiting for auntie Michelle's kids to come to Canada. We are going to be a big family.

I am living at my uncle Andrei's place in Toronto. My parents kicked me out from Italy due to some misunderstandings.

Pumunta na ako sa kwarto ko and changed into my house clothes. I laid on my bed, thinking what is going to happen when I meet the two newbies.

Are we going to be the best of friends? Enemies? Sisters and brothers? What? I don't know.

I shut my eyes. The minute I found peace, it's when I heard it. Someone is crying next door.

"Hello?" I knocked on the wall. "Are you okay?"

The sobbing stopped. "Sorry. I didn't mean to bother you." I lean my head on the wall behind me. "It's okay. I was like that when I get here."

Bumalik ako sa kama at saka pumikit ulit. The crying continued, and it saddened me.

The night came and everyone was waiting for me in the dining table. I wiped my face after washing it with soap and water.

"Thanks for waiting." I smiled.

Auntie Michelle kissed my cheek before putting food into my plate.

"I want to introduce my daughter and son!" Sabi niya at pumunta sa likuran ng mga anak niya. I smiled at them. "This is Myco Lazaro, my son, he is 22 this year. And this is my daughter, Dennise Michelle, who's 19, like you."

"Hello! I'm Alyssa Valdez, just call me Aly!" I happily said shaking their hand. "Ah, welcome to Toronto, I guess?"

They both nodded. Parehas silang tahimik, and it was a little bit awkward.

After dinner, we went back into our rooms. I saw the sisters and brothers went into one room. The girl seemed to be really quiet, and careful.

I put my headset on and listened to music. I don't really know how to approach them. Hindi naman ako friendly na tao. I mean, I don't know how to start a conversation.

Napasimangot ako when I remembered how I smile on the dining. They smiled naman, pero, bakit ang sungit naman nila kanina? Snob lang? Hays. Taray ni ate gurl.

Her brows are perfectly shaped. Damn, I wish I have those.