Chapter Seven

"Aaah!" Napahawak ako sa bibig ko when all the students look at my direction.

Someone decided to spike a ball at my locker's door, startling my soul in the process.

"Hahaha."

Kaagad akong umikot at sinamaan ng tingin ang mga babaeng nasa likuran ko.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here." Mika said slowly approaching me. "Alyssa's little fake sister."

"I'm not fake, and Alyssa is not my sister."

She smiled running her point finger softly against my cheek.

"You should keep your mouth shut about what you saw on Christmas eve, Dennise."

"I could not even remember what happened during that night." I looked at her in annoyance.

"Good."

Mabilis siyang lumayo saakin at nginitian ako. A sweet devilish smile. Her hand snapped next to her face, and a friend of her went to pick up the ball.

"I'll see you around, Dennise."

I blinked. What was that all about?

I casted a glance around me. Most of them were quiet and ignored what happened, but some were giving me dirty look as they whisper to their friends.

I watched a movie about America's high school students life. It was awful, a lot of bullying, and violence inside the campus.

"Are you a newbie?"

I shut my locker to look at a short girl wearing an eye glasses.

"Yes. I'm just here for six months, that's all."

"You should ignore Mikaella."

"That's my plan." Sagot ko naman at saka nginitian siya bago naglakad palayo.

I heard the girl ran to follow me. Mas binilisan ko pa but she kept going until I stopped in front of the office.

"What's your name?"

"I am Dennise. And I am an adult. Kaya bullies are nothing to me but some immature teenagers."

"You are one of the eldest students then. A senior."

"Yeah." I smiled at the receptionist when she gave me my schedule. "Why are you following me?"

"I don't have a friend."

"And you think we can be friends?"

"Yes."

I raised an eye brow. "Look, I am not a permanent student here. And this is not a typical high school student journey in the hands of the bullies." I said looking at her. "Sorry, but, I am not what you are looking for."

I did not meant to be mean. Pero, ayaw ko lang talaga ng friends. Ayaw kong ma-attach sa kung sino, lalo na at hindi naman ako magtatagal sa school na 'to.

"Dennise, did you find your classes yet?" Asked Alyssa when she saw me walking pass the gym.

"I have gym first thing in the morning. What's up?"

"Oh! That is good! You're in the same class with me and Mika."

Oh God, why?

"Great!"

Kaagad niya akong hinawakan sa kamay and pulled me behind the doors. Everyone who was playing stopped to look at us.

"Dennise!" Ara happily jumped off the stack of mats. "I can't believe you are here!" Sabi pa niya while hugging me.

"Yeah, I can't believe I have gym first thing in the morning."

"Well, ano then gusto mo if ever?"

"Chemistry."

"Ugh. That sucks." She playfully rolled her eyes making me smile. "I knew you are into something bigger."

"Well..."

Natigil kami when Sheila hugged me from behind. "Hi, straight."

"Stop calling me straight!"

"Haha, but you are!"

We shared a couple of jokes and sarcastic remarks before going to the benches.

Some of the students were playing volleyball, some were just chilling.

Pumasok na ang teacher, and gathered everyone for some announcements.

"So, we have a new student. Dennise Michelle Lazaro." He looked up to search the class. Tumayo ako and wave hand. "Hmm, you are majoring in Biology, right?"

"Yes."

"That's good! I hope goodluck in your next classes."

"Thanks, sir."

Tumango-tango lang siya. He started to check attendance. The class was really quiet, not until someone opened the entrance door.

A familiar girl looked around. "Sorry, I'm late." Sabi pa niya smiling at me.

"Come in, Ella."

Nang makapasok na si Ella ay bumalik na ang atensyon ko sa teacher namin. I heard some girls murmuring behind me kaya napalingon ako.

"Watch," Mika mouthed.

I watched her picket up a basketball on the floor. Her eyes were locked at Ella who was sitting in front of the class.

"Do not get involve." Sheila whispered when she saw me looking.

Mika aimed her target, before I could stop her ay binato na niya ang bola kay Ella. The ball hit Ella's head.

"Ow."

I watched in horror.

"Who did that?!"

I stand. "Mikaella Reyes! What the hell!" Inis kong sabi at galit na tinitigan siya. "Don't you know that you can break her head?!"

Itinaas niya ang kamay niya. "I did not do such thing!"

"Yes! I saw you!" I looked at Ella who biting her lip. She's in pain. "Are you a freaking kid?!"

"Mikaella, to the office, now!"

"Hah! How?! I was just listening here. Plus, Dennise is sitting on the basket full of balls!"

Lahat kami napatingin sa pwesto ko. I swear walang basket of balls sa tabi ko kanina! And, i was sitting on the bench next to Sheila and Ara.

"Am I sitting? No, right?"

"Do I have some evidence around me? Nope. And I could not even reach one..." umakto pa siya to get one at nagkunwaring hindi niya maabot. "Stop your pathetic acting Dennise. You were the one who threw the ball."

"What?"

"Yes! You are trying to accuse me for what you did. Kasi nga, you are mad because you don't like Ella!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw Ella making friends with you, but you clearly don't like her!"

I opened my mouth to defend myself but the teacher called my name.

"To my office, now."

"Hah!" I gasped in disbelief.

I looked around me, pero lahat sila ay hindi makatingin saakin. Specially, Sheila and Ara who clearly know I didn't do anything wrong at all.

I heard someone whispering to her friend which made me sad.

"She's so new, but look at her! A trouble maker."

Iniwasan ako ni Ella ng madaanan ko siya. I have the feeling that she don't like me anymore.

God, I am too good to have a first day like this!