Chapter Six

"So, why are you against same sex?" Umpisang tanong ni Mika once we settled on the floor. "Any interesting answer?"

"I'm not against it. As my mom said, I'm new to all of this."

"Oh. Okay."

I looked at Shiela who is also staring at me.

"Bible. I was raised to read the bible day and night. Go to church, and believe the teaching." Sabi ko na nagpatahimik kay Alyssa at Ara. "Being with the same sex in our family is strictly forbidden."

"Oh, your family back home is just like Alyssa's?"

I nodded at Ara's question. "Yes. We are religious."

"Of course."

"Close minded, you mean?" Mika interrupted. "Sorry, but that's how we see people like you guys." Dagdag pa niya.

"I understand."

"You do?"

"Yes." I picked up a shot glass and poured a drink for her. "We might be close minded in things like this, but we believed that we are saved."

Mika gave me a look that satisfies my inner being. Binigyan ko din si Shiela ng drink.

"Mika means, we used to say religious people are close minded." Sabi niya habang nakatitig sa mga mata ko. "But we actually understand why religious people questions or don't accept the path that we are taking."

"Rainbow path."

Alyssa chuckled. "Can we stop talking about Religious people and rainbow people for a bit? We are here to have fun." Sabi niya at ngumiti kay Mika. "Please, no hard feelings."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." Mika said giggling.

Napaiwas ako ng tingin when she kissed Alyssa's cheek.

We played some games na inimprovise nila Ara and Shiela. It was fun, kids games lang naman siya. Not dangerous at all.

Tumingin ako sa wine bottle. It was almost empty kaya nag presenta ako na kumuha ulit ng bago.

"Ako na. You should sit here and have fun."

"No. I insist. Plus, I need to talk to mom about something." I lied. I don't usually do this pero, gosh, ayoko lang makasama si Mika. Iba tingin niya saakin. "Please? Just this one."

Alyssa shook her head. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were almost red. Konti nalang malalasing na sila.

Hindi ako uminom. It is not because bawal o ano, it's because I don't like the taste of alcohol.

"I'll come with you then."

"Babe, no." Mika hold Alyssa's hand. "If you're going, then I will, too."

Alyssa grinned. "Babe? You know, I like you calling me babe."

"Okay. Then I'll call you babe whenever and wherever we are."

I watched in horror when she bit her lip. It slowly slipped between her teeth and I almost gag from the realization that she's flirting.

Kaagad kong hinila ang bottle sa kamay ni Alyssa at nag-tungo sa door.

My heart was palpitating when I shut the door behind me. Oh God. What the hell did I witness? That was so weird.

"Mom, another bottle please."

"Have you been drinking, anak?"

"No. Just playing with them." I smiled.

My mom and uncle Andrei were cuddling on the couch. They were watching the Christmas tree, talking, and laughing.

"Just get it in the wine room, sweetheart."

I heard the sound of their lips kissing. Okay! Gross.

Nagtago ako sa wine room for 30 minutes. It was a bit long na siguro kaya bumaba si Alyssa to check on me.

"I'm sorry about Mika."

"I don't like her."

"She is nice when you get to know her more." Sagot niya habang pumipili ng wine. "I love her. She is also new to my world Dennise. Kaya nagiging sensitive siya when it comes with sexuality and religion."

I rolled my eyes. "If she is confused, why put her confusion in me then? Can she just choose kung anong paniniwalaan niya or hindi?"

Alyssa chuckled. "Confused. Hmm, she is in that stage. Mika..." she found a white wine and looked at me. "Mika is confused, indeed."

I frowned. I don't get it. Ganun naman pag confuse ka diba? You are lost and don't know how to act towards something.

Alyssa said Mika is new to her world. She chose to be with Alyssa, kaya siguro she is defending the rainbow road since she's new to it, and she don't want to be judge. She used to be like me... religious.

That make sense now.

"Oh shit!" I covered my eyes. "You guys, get a room!" I said making everyone giggle.

Alyssa and Mika were kissing, so is Shiela and Ara.

Umupo ako sa corner and picked up a shot glass. Pinuno ko ang limang shot glass, I lined it up for me to drink.

Four of them continued making out. And I was just there, drinking. Wow. Fifth wheel.

Shiela and Ara continued it to Alyssa's bed. I watched them on the bed. Okay! Don't get me wrong! They were just kissing and touching each others body. It was really bad to watch them. What they are doing is bad, but watching is also bad. What should I do?

"Mika..."

Napasingkit ang mata ko after hearing Alyssa moaning Mika's name.

Tumayo lahat ng balahibo ko when I saw their tongues out.

Okay! I'm out!

I heard laughter from Mika when I ran out of the room.

Nightmares. God, forgive my eyes.

The next morning, hindi ko matignan si Alyssa sa mukha. We are opening our presents under the christmas tree.

"Holy mother shit!"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko when Alyssa put her hands up in happiness. Tumakbo siya kay uncle at mommy. She squeezed them into a hug.

"Thank you, thank you! This thing is so fucking expensive and you managed to buy it for me! Holy shit... I can't thank you enough!"

I badly wanted to cover my ears so, I did.

Alyssa received a grand piano. Yes, imagine yourself opening a self to build grand piano.

"Dennise, help me assemble my piano." Masaya niya akong hinila. "Kuya Myco, we need your help too!"

"Careful with the heavy parts, okay?" Uncle Andrei reminded us when they made their way to their bed room.

"I so love you both!" Alyssa replied.

Tumitig lang ako sa parts ng piano. Tumingin ako kay Alyssa at napairap when I remembered what she and Mika did last night. Gross.

Kuya Myco started to divide the parts. Ako? Tulala lang.

"Earth to Dennise!" Alyssa waves on my face. I slapped her hand. "Bakit ang sungit mo?"

Gusto kong sabihin na natruama ako.

"I... you are so..."

Hindi ko natapos ang sasabihin ko when she kissed my cheek.

"Okay! That's it! I am not helping!" Inis kong sabi and stomped my feet as I walk away from them. "Ugh!"

I heard laughter. Bakit lagi siyang natatawa when I'm annoyed?

That girl is annoying. Same sila ng girlfriend niya. Hays.