Chapter Thirty-Six

"Are you okay?"

I looked at my side. "Yes, I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"The wedding ceremony will be tomorrow at 8." Ayesha pouted, looking at the sky. "Organizing everything was a lot of work, but I am going to miss it!"

"Haha. You did great! Lahat ng pagod mo, it paid off."

"I know! I hope everyone will like it tho."

"I'm sure they will."

I looked on the grass below my feet. They were freshly trimmed and watered. Green, freshly matching the bright sky.

"Louis went back in Toronto, who is going to be your partner tomorrow?"

I shrugged, "I can be with anyone."

"Are you sure? I have a friend who is going to attend tomorrow. You will like him."

"Sure, I will."

Ngumiti ako kay ate Ayesha. Hinawakan niya ang kamay ko, it was a sudden bold move.

"You can tell me what is bothering you, Dennise."

"Huh?"

"You have been different for the last three days. I really think something had happen to change your mood."

"Haha!" I waved my hand in between our faces. "This is my face, my expression and all! Nothing had happen, Ayesha. I promise."

She nodded, hindi ko alam kung bumenta ba ang kasinungalingang sinabi ko o masyado akong halata.

Bumuntong-hininga ako at saka tumingin sa dagat, the beautiful view from the mansion.

I am going to miss this.

"Sorry if I assumed then, hindi lang ako sanay na lagi kang tulala."

"Oh, nag-iisip lang ako pagtulala. Nothing serious."

"What were you thinking tho?"

I sighed, "Things I have never thought I would think in my entire existence."

"Like what?"

"Like why do things end-up in the way we don't want them to..." I said looking at her. "For example, why do a relationship ends without closure?"

"Ah! Kasi we chose not to give any closure to it? Or maybe, may closure na pero you don't want to accept it?"

"Ewan."

She raised an eye brow. "Did you and Louis..."

"No, no, no! Hahaha. It was just a thought."

"Oh. I thought you two broke up." Sabi niya at saka mabilis na hinawakan ang kamay ko. "I am sorry for being assuming. Bigla ka kasing lumungkot for three days and now you are talking like this!"

I laughed at her. I asked her to stop apologizing kasi hindi ko naman siya masisisi. I have been acting really weird from the last three days.

"I am fine, I promise."

"Dapat bukas happy ka na, okay?"

She side hugged me before leaving. Nang makaalis siya ay bumalik ulit ako sa pagtitig sa kawalan.

I spent two hours at the backyard. Thinking, staring at the empty distance.

"Coconut juice?"

My heart skipped a beat by just hearing her voice. She sat next to me...

"You have been avoiding me for the last three days."

"That is the best thing I could do." I said, taking the can that she put on the ground next to me. "Why are you here? Someone might see you and..."