Chapter Twelve

Napatuwid ako ng upo when I saw a movement from Alyssa's hand. She slowly hold her head with her brows knitted in confusion.

Nagigising na siya. She passed out last night after I kissed her. Nag-alala din ako kaya tinawagan ko ang mommy.

Mommy knew there was something wrong with Alyssa. I didn't know being pale and sweaty with a strange behaviour is already a drug overdose.

"She is going to be okay. I recommend you to get her to a rehabilitation centre if this happens again, Mr. Davis."

I heard the doctor talking to uncle Andrei.

"Do you have the result for the blood test?"

"We'll have that in a few more hours."

Tumahimik ang kwarto ng umalis na ang doctor ni Alyssa.

"She never took drugs before. How is this possible?" Mom asked.

"Maybe we should ask Alyssa what she had been taking before the party started."

"I know Alyssa. She might be a rebel, but she don't do drugs."

"You can say that, Michelle. But curiosity is always there..."

Did Alyssa really take drugs before the party? Magkasama naman kami the whole time ah?

Inalala ko ang mga oras na magkasama kami. She was in her best behaviour naman ah?

Or was it during the party? With Mika?

"Dennise..." someone softly said making me look on the bed. "Den."

I shook my head. She is not up yet! And she can't be calling my name in her sleep! That is so weird.

"You have drug overdose." Uncle Andrei said making me look at him. "I don't know. Don't look at me like that!"

Tumingin ako kay Alyssa na gising na. She looked confused.

"Drug overdose?"

"Well, that is what the doctor said! And he suggested that we should put you in a psychiatric ward."

"Andrei!" Mommy elbowed him. "Take a lot of rest, Alyssa. We will get you home and talk about this later, okay?"

"Thank you, auntie Michelle." Alyssa whispered making me look away from her.

A drug overdose. Her lips tasted different last night. Pero paano ko nasabing iba eh kagabi ko lang siya nahalikan?

The smell of her breath smelled familiar tho. Kaamoy siya nung sigarilyo na mabaho.

I asked Ella about the smell through text. Wala pang isang minuto when I received a text back from her.

"Did you smoke weeds last night?" I asked Alyssa in a whisper. "When did you smoke it? And why?"

"Really, Den?"

"I am serious!"

She frowned. "I smoked with Mika when you went to hang-out with Ella. Tho, the stick smelled and tasted different."

"Paano mo nasabing iba? Was it your first time?"

"No. I tried smoking weeds with Ara before too! Pero minsan lang yun."

"If you only smoked one stick, how come you acted crazy and got a drug overdosed as the result?"

Napatingin siya saakin. Iba na ang nagiging reaction niya, feeling ko nagegets na niya yung sinasabi ko.

"What happened last night tho?"

"Anong naaalala mo?"

"The part when Mika dumped me." Sabi niya at napalayo when she realized what she said. "Wait, Mika dumped me?"