Chapter 1 - Team Mindless, All day, Everyday

The Critic. I am known as the critic. I write reviews, interview musicians and write articles on things to do with the music world. I'm world famous. World class. I've met some of the biggest names: Jay, Ye, Bey, Drizzy, Breezy the lot!

I've rubbed shoulders with the likes of Rihanna and JB so why am I so nervous about meeting Mindless Behavior? Maybe it's because they were my boy band. "Team Mindless all day, every day" I used to say. Back at school, everyone was either a Beliber or a Directioner but oh, no not I. Team Mindless all day, every day.

I straightened up at the sound of multiple footsteps tapping the white marble floors of the long corridor leading to the interview room: My home. I smoothed down my blazer and stood up ready to welcome the four piece boy now man band into the room. Lucy, my assistant, opened the door and walked into "my home" followed by four handsome men. I shook each of their hands and introduced myself to them under my alias: Nicky B.

"Hello, I am Nicky B and of course, you are Mindless Behavior. I cannot express how glad we here at 'The Rhymer' are to finally gain the privilege to sit down and talk to you. We know you have a jam-packed schedule and we are truly grateful for this opportunity" I said with a cheesy grin.

Prodigy, Roc, Ray Ray and Princeton all nodded as I spoke my first words. It was a bright, chilly, fresh day in London - Rhe perfect weather for a perfect interview.

"Yes, we know who you are and we definitely know who we are" Ray Ray laughed. I cracked a smile at his comment. He was as funny as he was always made out to be.

"Stop going on about how glad you are to meet us, we're finally glad to meet THE Nicky B" Roc Royal chipped in. Princeton nodded in agreement.

I laughed some.

"Yeah, I totally agree with Roc. We should be thanking you for fitting us into your schedule! We know you have loads of other amazing artists to meet" Prince said as he smiled.

Prodigy stood there, looking at me. Studying my face almost as if he was trying to read me.

"PROD!" Ray shouted. He had zoned out.

"What? Oh... Yeah, I-i-I'm sorry. I was just in another world. Yes, thank you for getting the time to interview us and it is a pleasure to meet you" he grinned.

At this point, I was blushing even though I was dark brown. My version of blushing was smiling like an idiot.

This was going well.

~

The interview went better than I had expected and hoped. I asked them the typical questions like: "How was the band formed?", "Has fame changed you in any way?" And "Are you single?" The answers were the usual: "Audition process", "It hasn't changed us for the worse, but for the better - It has humbled us" and "Yes, we're all single" When I heard the answer to the relationship question, I screamed with joy on the inside but kept my composure. We laughed and cracked jokes for about 2 and half hours. Which was way longer than what the interview should have been.

The meeting came to an end and we all pouted at the fact it was time for them to leave "my home" because they had other promotions and interviews scheduled for that day. The boys got up ready to leave my colourful but not too loud interview room. I hugged each and every one of them like we'd been best friends for years. They waved good bye and stepped out of the room. I sunk into my comfy, soft arm chair. I could officially say that today was the day that I had met MB.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Prodigy)

The interview was amazing and it was the 3 Cs: Cool, calm and collected - Just the way I liked it. It wasn't too hype but it felt like we were a bunch of old friends catching up and reminiscing except Nicky was writing what we were saying down and there was a camera filming every action and recording every word.

Nicky B was incredible. I'd seen her work. She came across as a hard stiff kind of person on paper but no, she was hardly like that. She seemed more free and fun-loving than what the press made her out to be - I liked her. I was automatically drawn to her as soon as I entered the room. She had that subtle kind of beauty. She wasn't obviously pretty, she wasn't caked in a thick layer of make-up and she wasn't dressed in anything revealing, she was just a woman. A simple, beautiful woman.

The guys and I got into our car which was waiting outside the office ready to take us to the next stop on our long busy day.

"That was a good interview" Prince said starting a conversation.

"Yeah, she's a cool person" Roc said.

"I can't believe some musicians are scared of her! She's a nice person, they need to grow some balls" Ray said as he laughed.

I stared out of my window barely listening to their conversation. All I could think about was her. I wasn't in love because I didn't even know her but I definitely wanted to know her more.

"What did you think about the interview, Prod?" Prince asked me.

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts to answer Princeton's question.

"It was good."

"You've been extra quiet since we met Nicky, what's up?" Roc asked.

"Somebody's in love" Ray teased dragging out the 'love'.

"No I'm not, Ray so shut up and go and be the man-child you are"

"I'm truly hurt by that comment" He said whilst wiping a fake tear.

I turned back to the window re-entering my deep thoughts. I just want to get to know her.