Percy XIV

"Percy XIV," Artemis read.

The demigods around Percy were snickering.

"I can't wait to hear the others' reaction." Travis said.

"Coach Hedge is going to flip!" Connor added, smiling widely. "You're going to be in so much trouble!"

"I hope he doesn't use his baseball bat." Percy grimaced, earning more chuckles and giggles.

PERCY HAD SEEN FRANK SURROUNDED by cannibal ogres, facing down an unkillable giant, and even unleashing Thanatos, the god of death. But he'd never seen Frank look as terrified as he did now, finding the two of them passed out in the stables.

The whole room was filled with laughter, Aphrodite and Leo being the loudest.

"Poor Frank! He's too pure for his own good!" the goddess of love said.

"He was so lost! Like he couldn't believe they would sneak out in the middle of the night." Leo said, laughing harder as he remembered the boy's reaction.

"What... ?" Percy rubbed his eyes. "Oh, we just fell asleep."

"And kissed a couple times!" Aphrodite winked.

Artemis cringed. Did she have to mention that?

"He doesn't need to know that." Annabeth said quickly.

"Yeah. Some things are better left off unsaid." Percy hurriedly agreed.

...Frank averted his eyes as if the sight of them together might burn him. Artemis couldn't help but silently empathize with the boy.

Ares scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Man up, it isn't that bad."

"Frank is so adorable." Aphrodite giggled. 

"Everyone thinks you've been kidnapped," he said. 

Percy and Annabeth guiltily winced.

"Sorry about that. You guys must've been so worried." Annabeth said.

"It's fine. It was worth it to see Frank's reaction." Leo grinned.

"We've been scouring the ship. When Coach Hedge finds out—oh, gods, you've been here all night?"

Annabeth cringed. "It's not as bad as it sounds."

"I can tell he and Hazel are still new to the whole relationship thing." Aphrodite smirked.

"Frank!" Annabeth's ears were as red as strawberries. "We just came down here to talk. We fell asleep. Accidentally. That's it."

"Kissed a couple of times," Percy said.

Annabeth glared at Percy.

"Not. Helping." she hissed over the others' laughter.

"Sorry!"

..."We'd better..." Frank pointed to the stable doors. "Uh, we're supposed to meet for breakfast. Would you explain what you did—I mean didn't do?

Annabeth grimaced. "We have to explain...?"

She knew the others deserved some sort of explanation, especially after they had thought something had happened to them, but the thought of doing so made her ears turn red.

After what he said to Frank, I know I'll have to be the one who has to tell them. she inwardly groaned.

I mean... I really don't want that faun—I mean satyr—to kill me."