Piper X

"Piper X," Phoebe read.

Piper had trouble falling asleep.

Aphrodite worriedly frowned. Don't tell me it's because of a demigod dream...

Coach Hedge spent the first hour after curfew doing his nightly duty, walking up and down the passageway yelling, "Lights out! Settle down! Try to sneak out, and I'll smack you back to Long Island!"

"He's like that every single night..." Leo groaned. I think he got worse after the whole Stables situation.

Percy frowned. "That's kinda... extreme... Why would we want to sneak out in the first place?"

You tell me. Leo almost joked, before he stopped himself. Instead, he bit his lip to keep himself from snickering.

He banged his baseball bat against a cabin door whenever he heard a noise, shouting at everyone to go to sleep, which made it impossible for anyone to go to sleep.

"He has to prove he's the chaperone somehow." Leo commented, putting his measuring tape back in his tool belt. "I guess this is his way of doing it."

"How are you guys even able to sleep through that?" Katie asked.

"He stops eventually." he responded with a shrug.

How long is eventually? Will silently wondered.

....She stared at the bronze beams on the ceiling. Her cabin was pretty cozy. Leo had programmed their quarters to adjust automatically to the occupant's preferred temperature, so it was never too cold or too hot.

"Nice touch," Jake remarked. "Saves everyone from fighting over the thermostat and helps with a good night sleep."

"Thanks! I figured if these were going to be our rooms for a while, might as well make it comfortable as possible." Leo explained, rolling his sleeves up.

The mattress and the pillows were stuffed with pegasus down (no pegasi were harmed in the making of these products, Leo had assured her), so they were über-comfortable. A bronze lantern hung from the ceiling, glowing at whatever brightness Piper wished. The lantern's sides were perforated with pinholes, so at night glimmering constellations drifted across her walls.

"I swear, one of my many hidden talents is home designing." Leo said with a grin.

...Finally her eyelids got heavy, and she drifted off. It seemed like only a few seconds had passed before she woke to the breakfast bell.

"Great, no demigod dreams!" Aphrodite said with a sigh of relief.

"Yo, Piper!" Leo knocked on her door. "We're landing!"

"Landing?" She sat up groggily.

Leo opened her door and poked his head in. He had his hand over his eyes, which would've been a nice gesture if he hadn't been peeking through his fingers. "You decent?"

Artemis and the hunters glared daggers at the boy.

"Leo Valdez!" Katie scolded.

"Sorry!"

"Leo!"

"Sorry." He grinned. "Hey, nice Power Ranger jammies."

Will blinked in surprise. Power Rangers... Huh. Haven't heard that name in a while. I used to love that show...

He remembered having the toys and never missing the shows on Saturday mornings.

I never thought Piper was a Power Rangers fan. he thought.