Leo V

"Leo V," Mitchell began.

And so it begins... Leo thought. He wrapped the pipe cleaners around his arm like a bracelet. Hopefully this isn't as bad as The Lost Hero.

He also hoped he didn't jinx himself.

Leo wished he could invent a time machine.

"Been there, done that. Didn't work as I planned." Leo sighed. "I knew I shouldn't have rushed."

"It's a good thing you tripped over Clovis or who knows what would've happened." Katie said.

He'd go back two hours and undo what had happened. Either that, or he could invent a Slap-Leo-in-the-Face machine to punish himself, though he doubted it would hurt as badly as the look Annabeth was giving him.

Percy and the demigods winced.

"I know exactly what face you're talking about too..." Percy said, shuddering as the mental image appeared in his head. "Make sure you don't avoid eye contact. You'll just make her angrier."

"Please, I'm not that bad." Annabeth rolled her eyes.

"One more time," she said. "Exactly what happened?"

Leo slumped against the mast. His head still throbbed from hitting the deck. 

Will frowned. "Did you take something for it or put on an ice pack?"

Leo shook his head. "Didn't have time. I needed to fix the ship."

"Taking a Tylenol would only be a couple of minutes." the son of Apollo insisted.

"I can handle a little bit of pain." Leo assured him. "Besides, it didn't hurt that bad."

"You fell on the ground so hard, you went unconscious and now you're complaining that your head is throbbing. Yeah, I don't see any need to worry here." Will said sarcastically.

All around him, his beautiful new ship was in shambles.

Nyssa and Jake winced, but otherwise tried not to look too upset. Leo already felt bad enough as it is.

The aft crossbows were piles of kindling. The foresail was tattered. The satellite array that powered the on board Internet and TV was blown to bits, which had really made Coach Hedge mad.

Grover sighed and shook his head.

... He choked back a sob. "I don't know. It's fuzzy."

"Because of Percy tackling you or because of the eidolon?" Will asked.

Leo shrugged. "Both?"

He buttoned up his jacket.

Too many people were looking at him: Annabeth (Leo hated to make her angry; that girl scared him),

"What?" Annabeth frowned. She turned to the son of Hephaestus. "You think I'm scary?"

"Only when you're mad." Leo slowly admitted. He played with the cuffs on his jacket before he continued. "I still can't forget that time you hopped out of Butch's chariot with that 'Give Me Percy Jackson Or Die' expression on your face."

He has a name for it? The daughter of Athena cringed. "That was different, I went through a lot when I went to the Wilderness School and here, I didn't know you were possessed. I'm usually not that bad." she turned to the other demigods. "Right?"