Annabeth IV

"Annabeth IV," Jake read.

"You're doing great." Percy told his girlfriend. "This is your last chapter."

"Thank the gods." Annabeth muttered. I don't think I can take another one after this.

Annabeth wanted to hate New Rome. But as an aspiring architect, she couldn't help admiring the terraced gardens, the fountains and temples, the winding cobblestone streets and gleaming white villas.

"Yup, there it is. The architect stuff we were talking about." Travis chuckled. 

"Wake me up when it's over." Connor said, pretending to fall asleep.

"Why did they have to come back?" Annabeth muttered under her breath. She scowled at them. 

After the Titan War last summer, she'd gotten her dream job of redesigning the palaces of Mount Olympus.

Now, walking through this miniature city, she kept thinking, I should have made a dome like that. I love the way those columns lead into that courtyard.

"I'm sure the way you will rebuild Olympus will be perfect." Athena told her daughter.

Annabeth smiled shyly at that.

Enjoy it while it lasts. she reminded herself. The smile slowly disappeared as she remembered the cursed gift. 

Leo held back a yawn as he swung his legs back and forth.

Whoever designed New Rome had clearly poured a lot of time and love into the project.

"We have the best architects and builders in the world," Reyna said, as if reading her thoughts. "Rome always did, in the ancient times.

Athena snorted  "You obviously haven't seen true architecture."

Many demigods stay on to live here after their time in the legion. They go to our university.

Annabeth perked up at that. They have a university? I wonder how you can apply...

They settle down to raise families. Percy seemed interested in this fact."

"What?!" Percy exclaimed. His face becoming red as the goddess of love and her children squealed.

He gulped when he noticed Athena give him a glare that warned: I am allowing you to date my daughter. Don't push your luck.

Poseidon sighed. First Tyson's dating, now Percy's thinking of raising a family? This is too much... 

The god of the sea combed through his beard.

"Wow Percy, you're really thinking about the future." Travis snickered.

"Don't you think you're going a bit fast?" Connor asked.

"Er... uh..." Percy fumbled. Annabeth rolled her eyes at the Stolls. 

"There's nothing wrong with thinking about the future." she told them, surprising everyone.

Athena looked at her daughter as if she grew a second head.

Annabeth turned to Percy with a proud smile on her face.

"Don't listen to them, I think it's good that you're interested in their university. I am too." she told him. Her smile became more softer. "Maybe we could try to apply together."