"Life is nothing, if not complicated," I gave him a small smile, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I decided to divert the topic.

"Oh my god! Wow, I am finally getting to ride on a Harley Davidson," I squealed.

"Wait, what? Who said you get to come along with me on it?" he raised his brows at me.

"Well, given the situation, I would say Scarlett's deed," I smirked.

"I am sorry but no. I am not letting you go on it," he folded his arms over his chest.

"Oh come on, Scar already reached there with Jordan," I pleaded, not because I wanted to go to the lunch, solely because it would give me a reason to be in contact with the vehicle for a long amount of time.

"Okay then precious, figure some other way out. You could skip the lunch for all I care," he scoffed.

I decided he wasn't going to budge and it was time to use my trump card, "Okay then, be ready to deal with Scar's speech about how big of a jerk you are and timely comments of 'what would have happened if you just brought her along' oh, by the way, your grams is very excited to have me, so you better have some strong and logical excuse to deal with her as well."

He groaned, glared at me and handed me the helmet which I giddily accepted. I cannot wait to go back and tell Chris about this. We put on our helmets and seated ourselves on the bike.

I was still adjusting my helmet when I heard Noah's voice. "Do yourself and me a favor, shut up and don't speak a word during the entire ride. Also, I never thought I would say something of this sort to you, but er.. you should put your arms around my waist."

Me being my overconfident self, in a state of supreme joy, did not comply with his words. He shrugged, muttered a 'Your choice' my way, zipped up his leather jacket and switched the ignition on. God, the excitement was pulsating through my veins as I heard the engine rev.

As soon as he began driving, I jerked forward and as a reflex action, my arms went right where he told me to position them. I could feel him smirk through the helmet. With the wind and the speed picking up, I could not pull my arms out or nature would push me off the vehicle. So, I just went along with it.

Every moment I thought I could loosen my arms, it only resulted in me tightening them further. I could feel his toned muscles through a leather jacket, god, how many hours a day did he work out? Instead of fighting the breeze, I laid my head on his back and inhaled his scent. He smelled fresh and musky. It was enticing in its own way. I enjoyed my surroundings altering by the second. It was so peaceful. Felt like all the troubles and worries didn't exist, or even if they did, they couldn't reach me. I was in a blissfully unaware state of fulfillment that I wished would never end. But it did and a lot sooner than I expected.

Holy mother of God, the place of residence that my vision acknowledged, could definitely be not called a house. It was a fortress. It was so huge that if anyone sold it, they could probably eradicate the country's poverty. Okay, I know I am exaggerating but that's exactly what anyone who looked at it would think.

"That's your...." I couldn't even complete sentences now, great!

"Humble Abode? Yeah."

"Pfft, okay. Humble Abode is an understatement. You should replace that with a palace," I spoke out in amusement.

"Yeah, I would prefer to not be associated with any of this stuff, but too late for that now. Let's go."

This boy was weird.

We walked in and the interior was as magnificent as the exterior, even more so, in my opinion. If there existed a visual dictionary, this place would definitely be used to describe the word 'exquisite', because that's exactly what it was. The floors resembled the dark bark of trees and the sunlight that always caused trouble was beautifully illuminating the inside. One side of the wall was replaced completely by the amorphous solid; glass, which gave a gorgeous view of the outside. The clock above the lovely fireplace struck two as we entered.