Chapter Twenty Four (Part One) - Eat That Up

(Just a little filler story for everyone being so patient with me... but uh... some development for how the whole bullying situation with Saige is going. Enjoy this GIF of Saige! <3)

**Chantell's POV**

"what were your high school years like?" I ask Ana, laying back on her bed. She's currently typing away on her laptop while sitting at her desk.

"I was Prom Queen, if that tells you anything." She responds, hitting the enter key a little too hard. 

"Eugh, it does." I roll towards the edge of the bed in order to stand up. Soon Saige would be here in order to stay the week because Liam and Danielle are taking a trip for some veterinarian conference. Ana agreed to watch her, of course. I'm just happy she's going to be in the same house as me and we can stop trying to communicate over text (because she's terrible at it when she's in such a bad mood). 

"Oh, be quiet. Go see if Saige is here already." Ana sticks her tongue out at me and I playfully flick her hair where it rested in a bun on top of her head. I take her words and go bounding out of her room to almost run into Saige climbing the stairs.

She's carrying her sports bag and I snatch it from her. "You're staying in my room!" I sing, backing up playfully. She barely cracks a smile, but follows me anyway.

"When did you decide that?" She enters my room after me, waiting for me to let go of her bag so she can pull her phone charger free from the side pocket.

"A few seconds ago. How do you feel?" The charger is plugged beside my bed and she rests her phone onto the bedside table in order to charge. Saige seems hesitant to respond and I can see the conflict dancing across her features that are becoming more pale by the minute.

Finally, she responds, but it is a pathetic: "Fine, fine."

I'm not buying it. "C'mon, girl. You don't have to tell me anything, but I'm tired of you being so annoyingly down in the dumps. You've got to do something. Pick yourself up. Get a new hobby. Have you never read one of those online articles on how to beat depression? They always say, like, learn how to paint or something."

"Ah, yes, painting to cure my depression... Why didn't I ever think of that." Saige grabs my attention with the sassy response, and while I don't mention it directly, I appreciate the effort in trying to be normal.

"Let's throw a party." I blurt out and Saige looks at me like I'm crazy. When did she become such a baby?

"Are you nuts? There's like- What about Louis and Ana and-"

"It's date night and I can just tell the boys we want to throw a party. Niall might snitch but, like, we could probably bribe him not to."

"I don't know..." She trails off and I roll my eyes at her. 

"We're doing it. Get your phone."

*********

Louis and Ana left around 6pm and we've had the house to ourselves since 8. Harry caught on pretty quick to our idea, convincing Zayn and Niall to go bowling with him. Thank God for Harry, am I right?

The actual 'party' started around 10pm and the house is currently packed with Mia and a few handfuls of kids from our school. The pool has been declared off limits, and even though Saige is too scared to open the liquor, I'm totally going to. 

"Louis is going to be pissed." Saige complains as I shove the hidden key into the cabinet holding the assortment of alcohol. The stereo is blaring some sort of Cardi B song in the background, the atmosphere full of chatter and dim lights.