Chapter Fifteen - Up And At 'Em

~Ana's POV~

"Mom, you were right." I cried loudly into the phone, one hand on the wheel while Chantell nervously fidgeted. "I know you're mad at me but please let me come stay with you,"

"I told you he was bad news the minute he slipped that ring on your finger, Ana. I can't believe you let him knock you up."

"I'm on my way."

"I'll make room for you and the girl." She smugly ends the call. I toss my phone only Chantell's lap and wipe my nose with my sleeve. She glances over at me and I hope she says something humorous to break the silence like she always does.

She never opens her mouth. I pull into our driveway and don't even bother with turning the car off. I jump out, Chantell right behind me. "What about school?" She asks, following me into the house and up the stairs. Bes is wagging his tail at us and patiently waiting for a belly rub.

"Don't worry about that. Mom can figure that out for you, if anything I will send you to the private school a few blocks down from her house." I hum while grabbing her purple duffel bag for volleyball, pulling the price tag off of it and shoveling the necessities into it- including my favorite shirt.

Chantell leaves the room to gather her own things, leaving me alone. "Zip you piece of shit," I mumble under my breath. The door creaks open and I ignore it thinking it was just Bes.

"What are you doing..?" Harry tilts his head and stares at the bag now slung over my shoulder. I look at him with a blank expression. What does it look like I'm doing, Harry.

"Don't worry about me." I smile and grab my sunglasses laying on the dresser. He must have connected the dots when Chantell yells shes ready to go from across the hall.

"You're not- wait, is this a joke? You can't just leave! What's wrong? What happened? Talk to me!" He pleads.

I slip the sunglasses on and push past him.

Liam is standing in between Chantell and the door with his arms crossed. Harry bumps into my back when I come to a halt beside her.

"Oh thank god you're here. Chantell is trying to leave," Liam laughed and pointed his thumb at her.

"Oh cool, I am too." I laugh back and Harry tugs on my arm.

"Don't," He whines. Niall joins the party ringing wet from the pool, leaving a trail of water from the sliding glass door.

"What's going on?" He glances between all of us, pushing his hair back. Chantell moves past Liam and slams the front door behind her.

"We're leaving."

"Oh cool! Are you two going to the gym? Cause I should probably go work out-"

"They aren't going to the gym, Niall."

"She clearly has a gym bag with her, Liam." He rolls his eyes and takes the towel from around his neck to dry his hair.

"Are you stupid?" Liam hisses, glaring at Niall.

"Excuse me, Liam?"

"I asked if you were stupid. I honestly want to know. How can you be so clueless? Is it because you're crazy and Zayn does everything for you so you never have to lift a pretty little finger? Does he tell you it's okay to be this stupid sometimes?"

"Liam-"

"No, Niall. Zayn isn't here to tell you it's okay. I'm just telling you the truth because we are friends, OK? You need to hear this. You don't belong here. You're insane. You should be in a mental asylum somewhere for your own good. You couldn't survive without Zayn carrying you around, huh? Whose money are you living off of?"

He moves closer to Niall who steps back, his face drained of color. My mouth is hanging open and before I can say anything, Harry swings and Liam is laying on the floor with a broken nose.

"NOPE," I scream and step over Liam and his pile of blood, opening the door and rushing to the car. I throw my bag into the back seat and get behind the steering wheel.

Harry comes rushing out of the house while I start the car, vigorously shaking his head no and tugging on Chantell's door handle. She ignores him and turns her head to lock eyes with me.

Harry puts his hand against the window. "Chantell!" He yells through the glass. "Unlock the door, please!" He pulls again on the handle and she continues to ignore him, pulling her seat belt around her.

"Chantell!" He pleads while I put the car in reverse, looking over my shoulder to pull out of the driveway. Harry lets go of the door handle but follows the car with his arms outstretched. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Chantell doesn't look at Harry the whole time we're leaving, only opening her eyes when I tell her it's okay to.

"I'm sorry." I speak first, reaching my hand over to hold hers. She holds tightly onto my hand but doesn't speak. I let the radio play quietly in the background.

-------------------------

"Baby! Aw, come here!" Is the first thing out of my mother's mouth, enveloping me into a hug. I curl into her arms walk with her inside while Chantell grabs the bags. I laugh at her trying to carry them up the stairs. She sticks her tongue out at me.

My mom stares at my leggings and crop top I'm still wearing in slight disgust. I roll my eyes. "Mom, I'm tired. Can I just go sleep, please?"

"Alright." She smooths my hair back and looks at me sympathetically. I kiss her on the cheek and walk up the stairs, collapsing onto my bed and burying my face in the silk trimmed sheets.

Chantell walks past my room and closes the door, leaving me in the silence of the spotless room. The window is cracked and I breathe in the fresh air. Relaxing into the bed, I fall into a deep sleep.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺
Thoughts? Comments? Changes? C'mon, talk to me please!

Short chapter, I know. But more is on it's way ;-) xoxo

Love you guys a lot and hope you enjoyed, see you soon! xx

Kiss You? Happily. - Sequel to One Direction Kidnapped Me..WAIT KIDNAPPED?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें