Chapter Eleven - Judy

~Chantell's POV~

I knock on Zayn's bedroom door- more like the guest room he took over, his house is empty after Perrie left, no one has gone back yet- testing the knob to find it locked. I huff and take a step back from the door as the lock clicks and it goes flying open. He darts his narrowed eyes around before they land on me. I wave.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask, hands shoved into the pocket of my jeans. He narrows his eyes more.

"Wot?" He drawls.

"To the pet store!" I laugh and my nose twitches as the strong smell exuding from his Adidas hoodie. He looks startled before he starts coughing loudly.

"I forgot, I'm sorry Michelle." He covers his mouth. Michelle?

"Who is Michelle?" I laugh. He shrugs and shuts his door, the smell wafting after him. It must be incense. I lean against the wall and hum to myself.

A few minutes later he opens the door again. "Is Louis or Ana here?" He had changed into new clothes.

"Uh...I think Ana is in the kitchen and I don't know about Louis. Why?" He shakes his head and takes my hand, walking briskly down the stairs. We pass the kitchen- which is empty. Before we can make it to the door Louis comes around the corner.

"Zayn!" He cheers while closing in on us. Zayn raises his eyebrows, squinting at Louis. Louis goes to high five him before his nose scrunches up. "Is that-"

"I have GOT to go. I'm late to the PTA meeting." Zayn stumbles quickly to the door, running out of it and leaving a stunned Louis behind us. I laugh and get into the passenger side of his car. Louis comes running out of the house, baseball bat in hand. I wave to him with a smile while Zayn coughs and roughly pulls out of the driveway.

"Wow. What was that about?" I question while putting my window down, breathing in the fresh air. It's getting cooler everyday.

"I'm lost!" He screamed after five minutes. We were literally a few feet away from the entrance to the pet store.

"Turn right there, Zayn. The sign literally says 'Pet Store'!" I roll my eyes. He jerks the car sideways and pulls in, slamming his foot on the break. He slaps his hands around on the side of the dash before pulling the keys out and dropping them out of his opened window.

I stare at him awkwardly as he locks his door and puts his hands back on the wheel. I slowly get out of the car to pick his keys up. He throws his head back against the headrest.

"WHY ARE WE GOING SO FAST?" He screams, eyes narrowed like wind was blowing in them.

"Please get out of the car Zayn." I cackle and reach my hand in to unlock the car. He blinks himself out of the state and slowly slides out of the car. He flips his hood up as we walk into the pet store.

"Bro, I'm dead if Ana or Louis knew I was here with you." He mumbles while we're looking at the birds. "Cover your head so they can't identify us later,"

I ignore him and scan my eyes over the store until i spot the cats. Squealing, I run towards them. They're all so beautiful. There's one little cat standing attentive to me, sniffing through the glass curiously. He presses his paw against his side of the barrier and meows. My heart melts. He has mischievous and wide eyes, all of his attention on me. I want to pet him so bad.