Chapter Thirteen - Carnations

~Ana's POV~

I stare at the door, hands trembling against my dress as I hold the wrinkled material. The house is eerily quiet for the amount of people occupying it. I turn away from the door and hope that someone, even if it was my own mother, would enter the foyer for whatever reason.

Trying to ground myself I keep my hand pressed against the wall so I wouldn't slip farther and onto to polished hardwood floor. It's exactly what I want to do- curl up against the floor and pretend like nothing is happening to me. Niall is the first to emerge from the staircase, taking two steps at a time to take a quick glance at me and grab the keys to the only car we have. I can hear the dull thud of Zayn's boots on the stairs where he dressed more casual than what my mother would approve of in her house. I stare at him from beside the door as he slings a bag over his shoulder. Niall realizes he's trying to leave with him.

"You're not coming with me." He sneers.

"I know. I'm waiting for Sebastian." I flinched at the name and Niall seemed to be the only one to notice, or care, actually.

"You know that the service is literally in like-"

"Yeah, I know." Zayn pulls the door all the way open after hearing the low rumbling sound of Sebastian's truck. Niall purses his lip and angrily glares at Zayn while he leaves.

I throw my hands up, Niall grunting in response.

"Oh, are you kidding me? I let this asshole come with me to my brother's FUNERAL, and he leaves with this other asshole? Two hours before the service?" I scream, my chest swelling up with something that's going to be bigger than it has ever been. This is going to be bad.

Niall nods solemnly in agreement. He goes to pat me in the shoulder and before his hand can reach me I smack it away, throwing my heels off and plopping down onto the floor.

And then I scream.

I clench my fist and stare angrily up at Niall, who is in shock at my outburst. It doesn't take long for him to shrug and fall to the floor- screaming his heart out with me. Harry comes flying down the stairs, an actual sword in his hand. I stop screaming to narrow my eyes in question at his sword.

"Why do you own a sword?" Niall scoffs, "Wait, why did you even bring it with you?"

I shake my head. Maybe it's his lifelong dream to become a pirate. I make eye contact with Niall and we take a huge gasp of air together before continuing to scream.

"Stop, stop!" Harry yells with a grimace and lets the sword clatter to the floor, it barely misses his sock clad feet. He rushes towards Niall first and smacks his hand over his mouth. Niall shoves his hand away and kicks his leg before Harry can react. I keep screaming the whole time Harry tries to wrestle him into being quiet. My mother comes out of no where and smacks the back of my head, her nails catching my ear.

"Someone is going to call the police!" She hisses. I snap my mouth closed but Niall is ruthless, even though I have the suspicion he's only keeping it up to piss Harry off. I can feel a few droplets of blood rolling down the side of my ear and down my neck. The phone rings so she walks out to get it, leaving me with a panting Niall with Harry basically laying on top of him covering his mouth.

"Get off of him, Harry," I huff and tug on the back of his silk shirt.

"No, he's going to keep screaming!"