Chapter 21

"Maya?" a deep voice called from the backyard. I instantly knew it was Travis so I quickly pulled away from Austin and wiped the remaining tears from my face. "hey baby, I've been looking all over for you" he said and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Austin. "what's he doing here?" he asked pointing at him. "he just came to give me my birthday present" I said walking over to Travis and giving him a hug and kiss on the cheek. If I hadn't flirted with Travis in front of Austin, then Travis would become suspicious.

"birthday? wait its your birthday?" Travis asked, holding me in arms length. I looked at him sadly. I know I didn't know it was my birthday but Austin knew and Travis didn't? I really couldn't blame him as much so I held back the urge to yell at him. I took a quick glance over at Austin who was now smirking. "yeah uh its my birthday today" I said weirdly. Travis pulled me closer and bought his lips to my ear. "maybe I should give you a little birthday present tonight" he seductively whispered. I shivered from his breath fanning my ear, but it wasn't like the feeling I got when I was with Austin.

"Ahem" Austin cleared his throat and I slowly pulled away from Travis but he pulled me back and held me tightly with his arm around my waist. "I think you better get going now, its getting pretty late" Travis said to Austin. Austin looked at him itching to say something but I shook my head at him slightly giving him a look that said 'please don't'. He faked a smile and said "you're right, wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting, goodnight Maya, and happy birthday" he said before waving and turning to get into the car. "thanks, goodnight" I said barely over a whisper.

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes as I watched the black jeep pull off."I'm so sick of that dude. He seriously can't take a hint and realize that you belong to me" Travis whispered holding me from behind, his hands traveling around my abdomen. I quickly pulled away, afraid things would go too far. "I umm have to get inside everyone's waiting for me" I lied. "good I'll come with you" he insisted, but I put my arms up to stop him. I kind of wanted a break from him right now. I needed to think this through for a while. "no that's okay I had to be home by 10 so I'm pretty sure I'll get lectured and grounded as soon as I step foot in the house".

I was surprised I was able to tell such a good lie with out stuttering. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me, closing the huge gap in between us. "thats okay, I'll just give you your birthday present another time" he leaned in and crashed his lips into mine. The kiss felt so dull compared to when me and Austin kissed. He seemed to make it more exciting and make me crave for more. With Travis, it was just a sloppy kiss leaving him wanting to get into my pants. I shouldn't have led him on that night, but I was drunk and definitely not myself. I'm usually not that forward.

We broke apart and said our goodbye's as I entered the house with my bear. I walked upstairs, showered, then got ready for bed. I grabbed my bear, which I secretly named Carter :3, and Angel holding onto them as I laid in bed. I grabbed my phone from the drawer and twitter popped up all over my screen. I checked my interactions, finding one from a girl. It was a picture of me and Austin at the arcade. I was sitting on his lap as we played the race car game. It was labeled 'they're so cute'. I smiled at the happiness in both me and Austin's faces. Why couldn't it always be like this.

I scrolled down my timeline which really wasn't anything but Austin's tweets since I didn't follow anyone else but him, my brothers and Andrew. I came across a picture he'd taken a few minutes ago. It was a picture of the bracelet I gave him. I figured I would return the favor and post a picture myself. I sat up against the wall with the bear Austin got me. I set the camera up on my phone and took a picture of myself with the bear trying to look adorable, but failed completely. Instead of posting it on Twitter, I would send it to him.

I opened up his messages and sent him the picture apologizing for what happened earlier.

Austin: I can't stand seeing you with him