Chapter 12

This morning I snuck out once again. I texted Austin and asked him to drive me to the adoption agency and he agreed. We were in his car driving and I don't know why, but I was really nervous. I wasn't really sure if I was ready to come face to face with my real parents because I'd be tempted to beat the shit out of them for giving me to the lunatic people I live with. We walked into the big brown building full of kids running around. I felt so bad that these kids were getting older and didn't have anyone to call mom and dad. I hope they don't turn out with a family like mine.

I walked to the front desk where a lady was sitting on a computer. "hello are you two looking to adopt?" she asked nicely. "Ooh no, I was wondering if you could help me find my biological parents" I said weirdly. "oh I'm sorry I can't do that unless your parents are okay with meeting you" she said. "well can you send them an email or something and ask them? To let them know I'm trying to reach out to them?" I asked her politely. "I guess I could do that, what's your whole name?" she asked opening up files on her computer. "Maya Kaylie Thompson" I cringed at saying my whole name. If only having a first name was possible, then I swear my name would just be Maya.

"I'm sorry your name isn't on any of these files" she apologized. I frowned and leaned closer to look at her screen. My name wasn't anywhere. "is it in another adoption agency?" I asked. She just shook her head no. I started to get really worried, maybe I am really related to these people. I said goodbye to the lady and walked back to Austin's car with him behind me. Austin hadn't said a word since we got here and I started to become worried. "Austin, are you okay?" I asked looking at him as he drove.

"not really" he sighed. "what's wrong?" I asked him.

"I have to leave Maya"

"what do you mean by that?"

"did you forget that I'm famous?.........I have to leave for Miami on Wednesday"

My heart stopped. How could I have let myself get so attached to him and forget he's a popstar. I don't know why, but anger started to build up inside of me. I began shouting and screaming random things at Austin as he tried to calm me down. He was so busy paying attention to me, that he ran through a red light and a car crashed into the right side of the car flipping it over and upside down.

I just blacked out after that. Everything was a blur and I couldn't hear anything anymore.

***

I woke up in a twin bed and bright lights burning my eyes. I looked over at the monitor and IV that was hooked to my body. I looked around the room and my breathing began to accelerate. The monitors started beeping loudly and doctors came dashing through the doors. "calm down its okay, you're fine" one doctor said. But I couldn't calm down. Not after what just happened, I almost died. After fighting and arguing with a couple doctors, Austin came in the room with a couple scratches on his face and a cast on his ankle.

He walked over to me, a sad expression on his face. He gently placed my right bruised hand in his and caressed my knuckles with his thumb, making me calm down. "Maya you were seriously injured in the car crash and could've died" the doctors began, "but we transfered some blood that kept you alive". "who's?" I asked, my voice sounding rapsy. "this might be hard to take in, but your parents aren't your parents". I knew it! "we would've used either of their blood, but both your parents and sister all have an +A blood type, you have a +B blood type".

I laid there in confusion taking all of the information in. I knew I was adopted, but who gave me blood?. "if they didn't give me blood then who-" I looked down at Austin's arm, he had a red band-aid on his pronator teres. Our eyes met and a tear fell from his cheek. "I coudn't let you die" he whispered. He gave me a kiss on a cheek since my body was way too weak to embrace him in a hug. "where are my uh "parents"?" I asked.

"they're going to jail" the doctor said breaking our eye contact. "I know they treated me wrong but they didn't have to go to jail" I said in confusion. "baby you don't understand" Austin whispered beside me, not making eye contact with me. "what the hell is that even suppose to mean?" I asked, the tone in my voice rising. They all stood in silence. "Maya.......you were abducted 14 years ago" The doctor said quietly.

"this has to be some kind of joke. You're kidding me right?" I said as my eyes started to water, knowing very well that no one would joke about this. "Maya, you're real name is Allison James, you're parents are Audrey and Patrick James. You were abducted when you were 3 and they couldn't find you ever since" he explained. "no that's bullshit I would remember that!" I screamed. "Maya you were 3, and you've been telling me since we met that you don't remember much about your childhood" Austin finally spoke.

"yeah but I think I would remember being taken away from my own got damn family!" I yelled. "your real parents, Audrey and Patrick are outside in the waiting room, and they want to see you if that's okay with you" the doctor sighed. "no, no, no I-I need time to fucking rest okay? I need time to breath, just get out....please" I said with my hand resting on my forehead. Austin gave me a kiss before leaving the room with the doctors. I took a few deep breaths and my eyes started to get glossy.

I wiped the tear the that slid from my eye and onto my temple. I always knew there was something off about my family, I just never thought it would come to this. Was I ready to meet my real parents? Was I ready to leave my house, my room, my.....wait....I don't have friends. Andrew!? I don't know what kind of rules those people have, what if they don't let me paint my walls. Even though my other parents didn't approve of it they still let me do it. Better yet, Austin was leaving me to go to Miami in 3 days. What am I gonna do?

;) muahh