Ch.3

Chapter 3

"I'm telling you Sage, Mr. Herington will be giving us a pop quiz. He's literally known for doing things like that." Sage sighed at her best friend Dakota Collins spoke shutting her locker beside her as she darted her eyes over to her best friend.

"I'm not worried." Sage said as she gave her a teasing smile. "I actually studied last night." She said giving Dakota a knowing look.

With a hint of annoyance lacing her face, Dakota rolled her eyes, and reached up and adjusted her glasses on her face and glared at her friend. "Yeah well, I would have studied too, if it hadn't of been for Mila sneaking Camryn in. I swear they were up all last night humping like bunnies. And trust me when I say, it was not pleasing to the ear." She said letting out a soft yearn as she stretched her arms out.

Sage looked in the eyes of her best friend and instantly felt sorry for her. Sage knew that it wasn't easy for Dakota living in the same house as Mila Collins, the school's goddess. Mila was smart and beyond beautiful and well known amongst her peers. And while she wasn't exactly known for being a snob or anything, when it came to Camryn Rogers the two were basically inseparable and didn't mind showing just how much they cared for each other, around anybody and everyone. So, Sage could understand why Dakota was looking the way she was this morning.

Taking in her friend's look, she noted the slight bags under her eyes, and the messy bun style her hair was in. Taking notice of her tired look and slightly big baggie clothes, it was easy for Sage to figure out that after a night of hearing her sister and her sister's boyfriend go at it all night, that Dakota gave less than zero care about how she looked today. But other than that Dakota looked more than okay. Sage sighed silently to herself, wondering again how she had landed Dakota Collins as a best friend. If it wasn't for the fact that Dakota did everything in her power to not fit into the school's popular crowd and shied away from mostly everyone, Dakota Collins would be one of the school's knockouts. To Sage she was beautiful beyond comparison, with her long dark flowing hair and her soft blue eyes. And it didn't hurt that she had an amazing body. But Dakota would always deny it and hide herself in something like she had on today.

Rolling her eyes slightly Sage let out a soft laugh. "Don't worry Kota, I'm sure you'll do great. Besides we both know that you're practically a genius in training, so I'm sure that you'll be okay."

"But I don't want to just do okay. I want to do beyond exceptional! You know colleges are looking." Dakota stressed crossing her arms and rolling her sleepy eyes, thinking only of her future career as a big time Neuro doctor.

"And just like I said before, I'll say it again, with the grades you have, you'll get into any college of your choice." Sage said smiling at her. "And so will I for that matter." She said winking at her as they both broke out in in a small round of laughter.

Realizing how amazing of a friend Sage was, Dakota couldn't help but to smile. She loved her best friend and the way that she knew how to always say something to pull her out of a bad mood. It had been that way ever since they were little. She'd always feel one way, and Sage would always say something to make her feel another way. And even though she was the shy one out of the two she always found a way to bring Dakota out of her shell.

"You're right." Dakota said looping her arms through Sages and pulling the girl off of the lockers and down the hall, as they moved passed the other students. "Now let's go and face the hellish tortures that awaits us in gym." She all but growled.

Beside her Dakota could hear as Sage let out a hard sigh. "Dammit." She groaned. "Who's bright idea was it to have gym at the very start of the school day anyways?" Sage asked stomping her feet.