Ch.31

Ch.31

Dakota woke from the sudden ache she felt deep within side of her. The day had welcomed the night and as she briefly glazed over to the alarm clock sitting on her night stand she saw that it was going on two in the morning .

She remembered doing her homework and crying her eyes out because of the fact that Camryn would rather ditch school, than to chance a meeting with her today.

She had never in her life felt so miserable.

To think that all these years that had gone by and to think of all the eleven hundred times that she had out rightly rejected Camryn, was a huge blow to her heart. All those times she had been staring into the eyes of her mate, and rejecting his need to befriend her. It sickened her to know end to now know that she had done and said so many horrible things to him.

She could remember a time long ago, when it was just the two of them running around his huge backyard climbing trees and building forts; camping out in the backyard at night eating marshmallows and counting stars. Although he was a year older than she was, he had always looked after her, and yes when it came to the other boys that wanted to befriend her, Camryn was a little aggressive, but he had always been good to her; always, up until the moment when her eighteenth birthday came around and the tables were turned.

Now she was the one facing rejections, and she couldn't for the life of her figure out how in the hell Camryn was able to handle it.

Maybe it was because of the fact that at the time they hadn't really known that they were mates, but on a deeper level their wolves did. Or maybe it was the fact that he had a distraction to take his mind off of how horrible she had been. Either way now the truth was out and everyone in their pack new, and Dakota didn't have any distraction to keep her mind off of the pain that she had caused on her own.

Sighing to herself, Dakota only shifted her position on the bed and rested her head on the softness of the pillow, letting the dark engulf her as tears slowly began to burn her eyes.

Hearing the sound of a soft melody fill the air, Dakota jerked up in the bed and zoomed her eyes over to the far left side of the room, where her dresser was. Her eyes searching the darkness until it landed on a tall shadowy figure that stood with his back towards her.

Due to the moon light that peaked in, Dakota was able to make out certain details of the figure letting her know that no physical trouble was close.

Hearing the soft melody silence, she only sat there taking in the golden blonde hair that sat atop of his head, and the large broad shoulders that had her fingers twitching.

She heard the sound of the melody again fill the air and shifted her weight on the bed, causing the figure to causally look in her direction briefly, until he resumed with what he was doing on the dresser.

For three straight minutes, silence and unspoken words collided around them. The tears that burned Dakota's eyes continued because she figured that she knew what was coming. She knew that something was about to be said and she knew that she'd be the one hurt; as well as she should, because she knew she deserved it.

A few more seconds passed between them and yet not one word was spoken.

Closing her eyes and breathing deeply, Dakota was gearing herself up to speak, but stopped short when the soft melody resumed again, and the shadowy figure turned around to face her, as his finger slowly caressed the musical jewelry box that he had been playing with.