Ch.24

Ch.24

Holland had just made it home after talking to Camryn and telling him about everything that had happened. He had left his Aunts and Uncles home, leaving his mother and father who stayed behind, because his mother had just about had a heart attack.

Holland had told his mother that he needed some time alone, and took that time to walk home, because Sawyer had taken his car to get Sage away.

While he walked he let his mind fill with everything that had happened starting from the moment where he and Sage had talked at the school in the parking lot, all the way up to the moment where Rob had the nerve to call him out in public in front of nothing but humans.

He couldn't believe that he had almost gotten Sage killed.

He knew that Sawyer would more than likely not forgive him, but how was he supposed to know that Rob would go crazy and try to attack him in front of her. He couldn't believe that Rob sent members of his pack after him. Holland knew that once the rank had been passed on to him, and the others that other packs would try to challenge them for their land and titles, but never did he expect for an alpha to pull a challenge like that.

He caused exposure to them, and Holland was only lucky enough that he had been with Sage and not some other human. If it had been anyone else Camryn would have had to kill them. No humans, unless they were mated to a wolf, was allowed to know of the existence of their kind. And the fact that he had to shift in front of Sage, got to him. He knew that she would never look at him the same, and he couldn't tell if she hated him or not.

As Holland made it in to his home, he locked up and made his way up the stairs. When he got in his room he stripped off his clothes, grabbed his things and headed to his bathroom where he took a long shower, letting the water wash away his troubles.

He lingered in the shower until he ran all the hot water out and when he was done he stepped out, and wrapped a towel around him.

Wiping the mirror clean, he spotted his reflection in the mirror. He took in the healing claw marks and sighed hardly recognizing himself.

He couldn't seem to figure out how it was that his life had changed so dramatically in such short amount of time. It didn't make sense to him, and he wondered how it was that things were constantly changing.

Turning to leave out the bathroom, he walked into his room and begun to change pulling on a pair of briefs and a pair of thick sweats. He was physically and emotionally drained and the only thing that Holland wanted to do was to let his head hit the pillow.

Turning away from his closet he sighed in frustration as the sweet smell of honey hit his nose, and his eyes landed on Mila, who sat straight on his bed in a pair of black jeans and a pair of plain grey t-shirt.

"Whatever it is, can we just do this tomorrow?" He said in a drained and tiresome voice. He didn't have the will or drive to argue with Mila tonight, which they always seemed to be doing lately when she couldn't have her way, and he refused to give in to her.

He walked passed his bed close his window that Mila had left opened when she snuck in thinking that he wouldn't notice.

Mila looked at Holland, seeing the claw marks on his arms and face, and she couldn't help the fact that her heart hammered against her chest as she looked at him. She was happy that he had made it out of the fight alright and that he wasn't as bad as her mind made him out to be.