Ch.37

Ch.37

Pushing open the door to the large warmly lit room, the first thing that his eyes fell on was the sight of Sage's body as she lay silently and asleep in the depths of his blanket. Sighing softly and letting his eyes rest on the very sight of her, Sawyer slowly made his way into the room, heading straight for her.

The feeling of dread hung heavily on his shoulders as he stepped closer to her knowing that he was about to deliver some bad news that would more than likely make her wary of his kind.

Truth be told, he'd be a little wary himself.

But still, knowing that he had to tell her something that would more than likely break her heart, killed him. At the very moment Sawyer felt on the edge, knowing that he felt helpless for everyone. When he arrived back at the pack, he spent nearly twenty minutes debating on whether or not he should have stayed by Camryn's side, or if he should have come directly to Sage. It had taken him nearly twice as long to calm Yelena down after she'd found out that their cousin had been left behind forced to deal with the psycho who had nearly killed Sage and Holland.

If there was one thing that he knew, it was that today had been one hectic day, and he wished nothing more but to have Sage in his arms where he knew that she would be safe.

Stopping short of her, he gazed down at her watching her sleep.

It was a sight that he would never get use to, but sadly it had been damped by the unspoken words that had yet to leave his mouth. Bending down and reaching up so that he was able to push the hair away from her face, he allowed himself to find comfort in the sensation that exploded through his body at the small contact of their skin, as he dwelled in the pleasure of her as he slowly caressed her face. He took in comfort at watching as she automatically shifted closer to him in her sleep as if she somehow was aware of his presences.

Sighing softly to himself once more, he found himself leaning in closer to her and planting a small lingering kiss on her forehead as a sense of relief flooded throughout his body.

"Sage." He called out to her softly still in the mist of caressing her softly.

"Hmm" was the only sound she made as she began to stir in her sleep.

"Sage," he called to her again this time adding a slight base to his voice, "wake up."

It had taken a couple of seconds but after a while Sage's eyes opened up slowly and within seconds her light brown eyes were meeting his own dark ones.

At the very sight of him, a smile instantly began to make its way on her face, "Sawyer," she mumbled softly still trying to pry her eyes open completely, "Sawyer!" She called as if realizing that she wasn't dreaming. The last thing that she could recall was being worried about Sawyer and the others, and talking to Mila. She had been so afraid that he would never come back to her that it literally made her sick to her stomach. But seeing him kneeling before her made her heart nearly jump out of her chest. She could hardly control the excitement that had built up within her that without any hesitation, she threw herself into Sawyers strong arms, wanting to feel the protective shield that only he seemed to provide.

Holding on for dear life, Sage tighten her arms around his neck as he did the same, pressing her firmly into his chest.

"You're back." She cried, no longer able to hold back the relief she felt. "Thank god. I don't know what would have happened if I'd lost you." She said as she buried head in the crook of his neck.