Ch.25

Ch.25

The first thing that Sage noticed when her eyes opened to the warm glow of the sun peaking in through the sheer curtains was the fact that she wasn't in a place that she recognized. She sat up only to find that she had been lying on a soft dark grey sofa, that matched the black and grey curtains hanging on the large windows that were facing the sofa.

Sitting up slowly she felt the softness of a small black throw covering her, sliding down her body.

Pushing her legs off the sofa, Sage sat up and raked her hands through her hair as her mind tried hazily to recall her last moments before going to sleep.

Not being able to remember anything Sage sat up and took a look around the large room, taking in the beauty of it. There were glass trinkets lying on the glass coffee table that sat in the front of her. The first thing she noticed was the warm homey feeling that the place seemed to ensure. But once her eyes began to wonder and they ended up landing on a glass picture frame with a family of eight, her mind froze, and it was as if a rush of adrenaline started to consume her, as her eyes adjust to what she was looking at the picture.

The family in the frame was a very beautiful family. Each person in the picture looked beyond beautiful, and beyond happy as they smiled a smile that would be forever entrapped in the moment of time.

If it wasn't for the fact that Sage was looking at a person who she thought she knew, she wouldn't have been so scared at the sight that she was looking at. The more she looked at the picture, the more her blood seemed to go cold at what she was seeing. Fear and a sense of panic took over her body, making her nerves shock and her heart began to race. Her hands began to tremble uncontrollable, and heart pounded in her chest as if it were on the brick of bursting out of her.

Sage looked at the picture, wanting nothing more than to be looking at a family that didn't scare her to death. She wanted to see anything but what she was looking at. The family was extremely beautiful with their dark hair and dark brown eyes. She spotted a beautiful woman who she assumed to be the mother of the children in the picture. The woman seemed to radiate beauty as she sat in the middle of two beautiful girls that had to be a little bit older than Sage herself. The woman along with the other family member were all wearing this crème like color that only made their beauty pop even more thanks to their dark hair and tan skin. The woman was holding a little girl in her lap who had the brightest and sweetest smile on her face.

Tears started to stream down Sage's face as recognition filled her eyes, as they unconsciously took in the other two younger girls that stood on their knees wearing matching dresses and headbands, and matching smiles.

Sage tried with all her might not to look at the last two members in the family, because she didn't want to be reminded of the moment where she realized that the person she thought she knew was in fact a person she didn't know at all. She was scared to acknowledge it, but she also knew that she couldn't not look, and so without her wanting to do so, her eyes began to focus on the man standing up behind the woman standing to the right of the woman and another girl that Sage hadn't met.

Instantly she saw part of him in the man, with his dark hair. His built was solid and strong and he stood with a confident that she had recognized in the boy standing on the side of him.

Resisting the urge to cry out, Sage choked it down and willed her eyes over to the last member of the family. The first thing she noticed were the eyes that seemed to match the other's of his family. His hair had been longer in the picture which only led Sage to think that it wasn't that recent. His eyes were warm and welcoming, and he had been slightly less built in the photo. Although he still stood tall and proud, and he did seem to have a muscular shape, he wasn't built like she recognized him to be.