Ch.17

Ch.17

The party had been going on for a while and at any moment the Alpha was going to call each teen that turned eighteen up to the front of pack, so that he could officially welcome them all to the pack. It was a special moment when a wolf came into the age of eighteen, it was the marking point of a young wolf's life that made them into an adult. They would be concerned as actual pack wolves, and would be able to join the trackers and enforcers if they wanted to. And since tonight marked the night of which Holland, who was the next in line Third in Command, coming of age it would be even more special. Since Holland was the last of the official coming of age pack leaders, that meant that both Camryn and Sawyer could now ascend the titles of Alpha and Beta.

Holland knew this, and as he waited the party out, up stairs away from the madness, his mind buzzed with everything that had happened to him today. This was supposed to be his day, he was turning eighteen and all he wanted was to drink and have a good time. But no, instead he got a mate, who was still in love with his cousin, a nosy mother wanting to know if he and Piper were mates, and a disheveled cousin, who had just recently sobered up, and was now attending the party.

All Holland wanted was to have a simply day. He didn't want a mate, and he defiantly didn't want someone who his cousin was in love with. So the best thing that he could come up with was to hide up stairs in the pack house, once he saw Camryn who had gotten dressed and dragged himself down to 'entertain' the guest. Holland knew that it would be the best thing for him if he had gotten out of sight before he could slip up and stare to long at Mila, who looked beyond amazing. He had grabbed a couple of bottles to drink and had spent his time in one of the rooms that no one usually used.

He had been up there for some hours now, lying on the bed and letting his thoughts take over, when the sound of the bedroom door opened.

Eyeing the door as it opened, Holland sucked in a deep breath once his eyes landed on the person at the door.

Mila had took a small step inside the room, before her eyes landed on Holland. Her eyes meet his wild greens eyes, and for the first time an a long time she felt a sense of nerves strike throughout her body. Holland silently cursed himself, before taking his eyes off of her. He had told her that he needed space, and that he didn't know what he was going to do. But closing his eyes, and laying on the bed hoping she'd take the hint was the only thing that Holland could do to keep his wolf at bay. Mila was looking extremely good to him, and he couldn't fight the feeling that his wolf craved Mila.

As he laid there with this eyes closed, Holland heard the sound of the door closing, but as much wanted Mila to take the hint, he knew the moment that the door closed that she had not left the room. And if that wasn't indication enough, the sound of her heels slowly making their way to him, let him know. Tightening the lids of his eyes, all Holland wanted was a second to himself.

He heard the sound of her kneeling down next to him, and his heart rate seemed to spike.

"Mila," Holland spoke in a low and controlled voice. "Please don't." he said while keeping his eyes closed. "Please don't do this."

"Holland look at me." Mila pleaded in her soft delicate voice, hoping that he would at least spare her one glance. But when he refused, she felt her heart sinking to the pint of her stomach. "Why can't you look at me?" she said taking her hand and gently placing it on Holland's cheek, caressing it softly.

"Just go away Mila." Holland said speaking in a soft voice, trying to fight off the sparks that seemed to spread throughout his body at just a single touch from her. He turned his head in her direction and opened his eyes looking at her fully. He regretted the fact that he did, because the second he looked at her, he felt a slight pain in his heart. She was beautiful, and looked way beyond stunning tonight. But she was hurting, and that was partly because of him. He could see the tears in hers and he hated the fact that he was the one to cause them.