Ch.8

Chapter 8

            He had just come in the door when he smelt her scent. It was the first thing that hit him, the fresh smell of lavender engulfing his every sense. To say he was shocked to see her was an understatement. She had been the last person he had expected to see here, considering the fact that most of the people here were from his pack, and they were only here for Mila's get together. So seeing her here was not something that he had expecting.

            But now that Sage was here in front of him, Sawyer couldn't help but to feel relieved. This last week and a half, had been hell for him. All he wanted to do was to see her,  and to have her in his arms. And for the past week and a half, the only thing that ran through his mind was the kiss that they had shared in the bathroom. It was the only thing that kept him from going insane. He'd missed her like crazy, and even if she didn't know it, it was killing him not seeing her.

            Once the shock of seeing her standing before him, had faded, the only thing he could do was smile, like a little school boy.

            Seeing the huge smile that graced his face, had Sage insides melting. Something about him just called out to her. So when he placed that smile on his face, she couldn't control the smile that appeared on her own face. That smile alone had Sawyer's wolf jumping on the inside of him, howling in joy.

            "Hi Parker." He said walking over to her and taking her in his arms, hugging her as if his life depended on it.

            "Hi Sawyer." Sage said feeling small all of a sudden. When he touched her those familiar sparks coursed through her body, and she couldn't stop herself from wrapping her arms around him. Pulling away from him slightly, Sage was about to say something when she felt his lips on hers.

            Walking her over to the wall, he placed one of his hands on the waist while bringing the other one up to her face, bringing her closer to him. Sage didn't know if it was the alcohol or if it is was of those soothing shocks that she felt, but she found herself wrapping one arms around his neck, kissing him back.

            Pulling back slightly, coming up for air, Sage let out a small laugh. She felt Sawyer lower his heard, and felt as he nuzzled his nose against her neck.

            "Wow."Sage breathe out.

            "What can I say," Sawyer said lifting his head and making eye contact with her. "I missed seeing your beautiful face." He said bending down and kissing her again.

            When he said that Sage pushed him away, looking at him. "Where were you Sawyer." She said looking at him with those big brown eyes that he'd missed. "You just kissed me like that and left, and you didn't even come back."

            "I know." He said.

            "You know." She said raising a brow. "I don't know much about intimate stuff, but what I do know it, you don't kiss a girl like that and leave. And you don't not show your face for a whole week and a half." Sage said pushing him away from her.

            Sawyer hid the smile that was threatening to come on his face. He knew the moment she started speaking that he'd had her. She was starting to feel the bond between them. And even though he hated not being around her, it was worth it, because that look on her face and that kiss between them, told him everything he needed to know. She'd missed him, and he knew it.

            "Sage," Sawyer said, taking a step closer to her. "I'm sorry. But I thought that I was doing what you wanted. You told me to leave you alone, and I thought that if I gave you that space than it would help. Believe me Parker, the way you're feeling now, was the way I felt the entire time I was away."