Twenty-Three

"Niall? Baby, where are you?" I hear his voice, but I can't tell where it's coming from. It's like he's in voice over, but I can hear him as perfectly as if he were right beside me.

"I'm over here, where are you?" I call out.

"Follow the sound of my voice!" He calls out to me, and I pick a direction to start walking, not entirely sure if it's the right one.

Walking down the hallway, I realize I'm at the hotel again. I hear a familiar voice coming from one of the rooms, and realize the door is partially open.

"Hello?" I call out and tentatively push it open, hoping to reveal whoever I recognize. I step inside the room, thinking this is where I should be going.

I turn the corner and see Nick. And Harry. Shagging.

Nick is screaming Harry's name as Harry pounds into him, leaving my heart in pieces. I've heard them go at it before, but I've never watched it. And this is precisely why.

I turn to run away, but I can't move. My feet won't move from their place.

Suddenly, Harry turns to look at me.

"What, you thought I could love you?" How pathetic," he says harshly and goes back to fucking my brother, who just laughs at the possibility of Harry loving me instead of him.

Of course he loves Nick, they've been together for three years. Why wouldn't he love Nick?

Why would he love me?

Finally, my feet move - but not after Nick smirks at me, knowing just how much this is probably hurting me.

I turn around and run back into the hallway, running into another room for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I feel like anything is better than watching them go at it.

Running into the next room, I see Zayn hanging out with some strange boy I don't recognize. The both of them are laying on the bed the way he and I have always cuddled. He turns to me with fire in his eyes.

"What, you thought I wanted you as my best mate? That's pathetic," he spits and turns his attention back to his 'best mate'.

My replacement.

I try to run, but once again my feet are planted firmly in the ground.

I see this strange boy look at me with disdain, "No wonder he chose me over you, look at yourself. You're pathetic."

Finally, my feet are freed, and I'm running into another room for reasons beyond me, leaving my best mate with someone else. Someone better.

In the third room, I find my mum with Nick and they're watching a film.

"Mum?" I ask, my voice breaking.

"What do you want?" She asks, practically spitting at me.

"What's happening?"

"I decided I only want Nick. He was always the better of the two of you, and now he's the only one that will ever make me proud. You're too pathetic for me to ever be proud of," she says frankly and turns her attention back to the telly screen.

I can't move again, and it's awful. I just want to run away.

How can she not love me?

What did I do wrong?

"I can be better, I swear," I tell her, pleading for her to love me, but she just laughs coldly.