Seventeen

I'm awoken by the sun streaming through the blinds and onto my face, causing me to groan, cover my face, and roll over to try and sleep some more.

"Time to get up, my love. I have to get you home," Toby says sweetly, sounding chipper, coming out of the kitchenette with a cup of coffee.

I sit up and he hands it to me. Drinking it, I feel it touch my soul and sigh in contentment. I love coffee.

"I didn't want to wake you before I absolutely had to because you just looked so cute," he tells me and I blush a little, sipping my coffee some more.

"Thank you," I tell him, "For letting me sleep and for the coffee," I clarify just in case he didn't get it, tilting the cup to him a bit before taking another sip.

"I figured," he says and presses a kiss to my forehead, and I notice he's fully dressed.

"What are you up to today?" I ask, my voice still riddled with sleep.

"I have some shopping to do in town, then dinner with you again, then I leave tomorrow morning to head back home. My grandmother needs some help with some stuff before I have to go back to school, so I will be with her until term starts on Monday," he explains and I smile.

"That's sweet, and I would definitely love to have dinner with you again. What are you shopping for though?"

"Your Christmas present. I couldn't find anything to get you, so it's a secret. Oh, I forgot I wasn't going to tell you that," he says and laughs to himself, rubbing the back of his neck, and I laugh along with him, "Okay, let's pretend I didn't say any of that. I'm not going shopping, I'm running errands before our date tonight," he reiterates and I let out a laugh at his attempt to cover up the fact that he already spilled the beans.

"If it's any consolation, I couldn't find anything for you, either. What do you want, by the way?" I ask, finishing my cup of coffee. I get up to make another one when I feel a light tap on my bum.

"Another night like last would be perfect," he says cheekily and winks at me, but that's not something I'm really interested in at the moment.

"I'm not so sure about that, my bum is still very sore from last night," I inform him and walk over to the coffee pot, the stiffness in my posture not going unnoticed by him.

"I see that. It means I did it right," he says very matter of fact-ly and it kind of rubs me the wrong way, but I don't let it show. We've had an amazing twelve hours, let's not ruin it.

I don't say anything in response, I just nod my head slightly, because I fear normal Toby is returning, and I really don't wish to make anything bad between us again. I like the fact that things are, for once, really good between us, regardless of the fact that he just said something a bit egotistical.

"Okay, so let's get you home so I can go shop for you," he says suddenly after I don't say anything and I pray my unwillingness to respond goes unnoticed by him, hoping he thinks I'm merely too tired to speak at the moment.

"Okay," I look at the coffee pot and realize I never poured myself another cup. Oh well, I'll just make some when I get home. I go back over to my clothes and pull them on, handing him his sweats back.

"You can keep them, I like how you look in my clothes," he tells me, sounding sweet, but his face says something a bit different. It's almost...smug? I just smile at him. The vibe in the room has changed and I'm not entirely sure I like it anymore.

I finish getting ready, and take his outstretched hand as we leave his room. He leads me out back onto the street, and we're off toward my house.

Oh God.

My Brother's Boyfriend ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें