Dreams

You're at home with your girlfriend...

"I love you a lot," you say, looking into her green eyes. They shine brightly, but they're darker than usual.
"I love you, too," she replies, her voice husky. You feel something off about her tone.
"What's wrong?" you ask, and her eyes flicker down. You think she's looking to your necklace that she adores so much, but in reality, she's looking at the exposed flesh of your neck.
"Nothing," she murmurs, her eyes meeting yours again. Her green eyes look almost black in this light, and you feel slightly uneasy.
"Your eyes," you say softly, moving back slightly.
"What?" she questions, leaning in. Her lips part slightly, and you see sharp fangs glinting.
You swallow nervously and pull away from her, but she grabs your hand.
"Where are you going?" she questions, and you look into her eyes. They're completely black now. She moves even closer and leans in. You put a hand on her shoulder, trying to push her back. You feel scared of her for the first time in your life.
"I don't feel so good," you say, and her lips turn up into a smirk. Again, you can see her glinting fangs.
She leans in; you have nowhere left to go. You push her back, but your efforts are in vain. She grips your shoulders before burying her sharp fangs in your neck. You cry out in pain before jerking awake.
Your hand flies to your neck where her fangs were just now buried. It felt so real. You look beside you to see Chloë blinking at you sleepily.
"What are you yelling about?" she mumbles.
You look at her for a moment, unsure of how to respond. Your dream is clinging to you like it wants to invade the conscious world.
You let out a breath before finally saying, "I just had a bad dream."
She looks at you, her green eyes dark in the dim light.
"About?" she prods.
"You," you say, still rubbing your neck. You can feel her teeth sinking in still.
"What'd I do this time?"
"You tried to suck my blood. I think."
"That's just part of my morning routine," she responds, making you laugh slightly.
"I know it is."
"You okay, though?"
"I'm alive," you respond.
"Sometimes that's all you need to ask for," she tells you, gesturing for you to come over.
You hesitate for a moment, rubbing your neck a bit more.
"I'm not going to suck your blood. I might bite you, though," she says, making you laugh through your nose.
"I know you will," you reply, lying down and letting her wrap her arms around you. You lace your fingers through hers and kiss her hand lightly.
"You okay?" she asks again.
"I'm fine. It was just weird," you admit, and she lets out a breath, tickling your neck.
"You need to stop watching fucked up movies."
"I only watch them because you're in them. What can I say? I'm a simple woman."
"Oh shut up," she laughs, burying her face in your neck and smiling.
You shiver slightly; you love when she does that.
"You know I won't," you respond, and she giggles.
"I hate you."
"Sure you do," you reply, making her squeeze your hand.
You fall asleep in her arms once more, and this time, you don't have any weird dreams. Only good ones.

A/N
I really like the idea of Chloë as a vampire, what can I say?