You Only Live Once

So I had to read a bit of Pride and Prejudice today and wanted to try something a little different.

You're a member of the royal family, and you're at the annual ball...

Your light green and white dress is flowing, and you feel like you can't breathe. You hate these things. Your heels are killing you, and you want to just go outside and lie in the sand on the beach.
You look around at all the people. The men are dressed smartly, and the women look lovely. Only you can't find anyone you really want to dance with. A few people have asked you, but you've declined.
Only that's when you see her. A gorgeous woman with unmatched beauty and grace. Her blonde hair is done up beautifully, and slender golden tendrils fall about her face. She has a sharp jawline and bright eyes that hold a softness that you've never seen before.
She sees you, and your eyes lock. It feels as though you're the only two people in the room. She starts toward you, her pastel yellow dress flowing behind her.
You feel your heart beat faster, and that's when she reaches you.
"Hello," she says. Even her voice is literal perfection.
"Hello. Pleased to meet you," you say, giving her a slight curtsy, which she returns.
"My name is Chloë. Pleased to make your acquaintance," she replies, giving you a smile. She smiles with her entire face, and you feel the entire room light up.
"My name is y/n," you respond.
"I couldn't help but notice how lovely your gown is," she says, smiling as she admires your dress.
"Thank you," you reply. "Your gown suits you beautifully."
"Thank you," she says, meeting your eyes once more. You notice the gorgeous shade of green that her eyes are. You could truly stare into them forever.
You tear your eyes from hers and glance to the people dancing. There are several women dancing together as the men look on.
"Would you care to dance with me?" you question, and she raises a perfectly arched eyebrow.
"Why, I'd be honored," she responds.
You extend your hand to her, and she places her hand in your palm. Her skin is so soft and warm, and you feel goosebumps rise on your arms.
You walk onto the ballroom floor together, and you put a hand on her hip. You stand far enough apart where your dresses won't crash and battle.
You share a dance, and another after. She's truly so gorgeous.
You enjoy each other's company so much that you step outside together.
"Chloë, would you like to go down to the ocean with me?" you ask, looking at her in the dim light.
She smiles brightly, her entire face lighting up.
"I couldn't imagine anything better," she responds.
So the two of you head down to the water, taking off your shoes and letting your bare feet dig into the sand.
"I don't know about you, but I really want to take off this torture device," you say, pulling at the ties on your dress.
"I feel the same way," she responds, helping you untie some of the bows on your gown.
Within a minute, you're both freed of your gowns and left in the lace slips you have on underneath.
"This feels so much better," you say, sitting down in the sand. She sits beside you and leans back on her hands.
"Do you ever feel like you don't want to be what they tell you to be?" she suddenly asks.
"Always," you reply, looking to her. The moonlight illuminates her face beautifully, making her look even more ethereal than before.
"I don't want to marry a man." Her eyes meet yours.
"Neither do I," you respond, your voice soft.
She leans in at the same moment you do, and your lips meet. Her hands move to your face, pulling you closer as you deepen the kiss.
You've never felt a thrill like this. Your heart beats rapidly as your breathing becomes erratic. She's like a drug, and you can't get enough.
You tangle your hands in her hair, ruining her updo—but neither of you cares. She falls back onto the sand, and you climb on top of her.
You're the only two people in the world right now.
"Let's just run away together," she whispers against your lips.
You could do it. You could run away with this gorgeous woman you just met tonight. You know it's a rash thing to do—but you only live once.
You smile as you bite her bottom lip gently. She lets out a breathy laugh that sends a shiver down your spine.
You release her lip and whisper, "Let's do it."

A/N
This was so fun to write??
And sorry for not updating in forever