Real Life

The first time you ever spoke was online...

chlomo97: Hi

hashtagno: Hi?

chlomo97: I just saw your username and thought it was funny
chlomo97: are you mocking basic girls or are you one? I think the first one ;)

hashtagno: Yeah the first one

chlomo97: Is that you in your pic?

hashtagno: hashtagyes

chlomo97: very funny
chlomo97: you're pretty

hashtagno: thanks
hashtagno: I'm assuming that's you in your pic?

chlomo97: yeah

You thought the conversation had faded there, but she came back with questions. You got to know each other. You you realized she was pretty fucking cool.
After knowing one another for close to six months, you finally got the guts to ask her.

hashtagno: do you like
hashtagno: do you
hashtagno: you

chlomo97: take your time

hashtagno: do you like me
hashtagno: I like you

chlomo97: yeah bitch I like you

hashtagno: do you wanna be
hashtagno: like
hashtagno: do you wanna be my girlfriend
hashtagno: ?

chlomo97: yes

hashtagno: really?

chlomo97: no
chlomo97: of course yes, dumbass

You were over the moon to hear her "of course yes, dumbass". Well, read it, technically, but you read it in her voice. You smiled to yourself before asking her.

hashtagno: wanna have some time of the face?

chlomo97: I always want time of the face

You'd FaceTimed a lot, but this time, it felt different. She answered immediately.
"Hey, bitch," she said, a grin on her pretty face.
"Hey yourself."
"So, we're dating now?"
"I suppose."
"We need to meet so I can touch your ass," she said, and you raised an eyebrow. "Did I say ass? I meant your hand."
"Sure you did." You couldn't stop the smile that formed on your face. Your heart beat rapidly in your chest; you were so happy.
You spoke for over an hour before watching a movie. You went to sleep beside each other. In a way. You could hear her breathing; her eyes were closed, her lashes brushing her cheeks. You couldn't believe she was your girlfriend.
Only one week until she flies over.

———

It's the day. You couldn't sleep properly from excitement. You can't wait to hold her in your arms. You can't wait to finally kiss her. You've dreamt of this moment; it's finally becoming a reality.
She had specifically asked you not to come to the airport. She wanted to meet somewhere else. You suggested your favorite diner.
So now, you're walking over there. A part of you is scared that you will forever associate the diner with her—and things go badly. Another part of you is ecstatic that you can forever associate the diner with her—because things can't go badly, right?
It takes you five minutes to get there, but it feels so far. You walk inside and sit at your usual table. Pulling out your phone, you look at the time. 11:28.
She should be here in two minutes if everything goes as planned.
You're nervous and excited; you feel like your heart is leaping out of your chest.
And that's when the door to the diner opens, and you look toward the sound.

A/N
I know I'm an asshole with my cliffhangers but you still love me don't you