Angel

You've always seen her right before you fall asleep...

Bright green eyes. A face of pure beauty. Her lips are plump and look oh-so-inviting. Her sharp jawline contrasts with her luscious soft blonde hair that falls in gentle waves down to her chest. Her breasts are covered by bronze-colored fabric that wraps around her body like a dress. The fabric trails behind her but leaves her beautiful long legs exposed. Her feet are left bare, and on her back are huge white wings.
She always has a soft smile on her beautiful face. It's like she knows something you don't. And then you fall asleep, thoughts of her still lingering in your mind.
It's the same every night. She never says anything; you wish she would. One night, you're falling asleep when she reaches forward. You extend your hand to her, and you feel her skin against yours.
She's so warm. Her hand is soft as you intertwine your fingers with hers.
You don't want to fall asleep. You want to stay here with her. She smiles as she moves closer. You can hear her feathers rustling. You can feel your heart beating rapidly. Everything is so vivid.
She leans in, and you close your eyes. Her lips meet yours, and your heart nearly stops. She tastes sweet, and there's something else you can't quite place. It's something ethereal that makes your heart flutter and face flush.
Her soft hand moves to your face, and you smile against her warm lips. You deepen the kiss, moving your hand to her hair and pulling her closer. Her hair is soft under your fingertips. Your other hand rests on her hip, keeping her close.
"I have to go." You hear an angelic voice your head.
"Please don't," you think.
"I have to," she replies, but your lips are still locked. She's in your mind.
"Stay with me."
"I can't," is her reply.
You pull away and look into her green eyes. She looks sad.
"I love you," you whisper.
She smiles slightly. "I love you."
And with that, she disappears.

———

That night was the last night you saw her. Even after a year, she hasn't returned. Each day, her memory fades more and more. You try so hard to remember, but something is forcefully removing her from your memory until nothing is left. You remember nothing of that angel that you loved.

You're walking down the street one day when you see someone familiar. You don't know why she's so familiar to you; you don't know anyone so stunningly gorgeous.
Your body acts before your mind can process what's happening. You're starting toward her, your strides meaningful and quick.
"Hey," you call, and she looks toward you. Her long blonde hair falls in gorgeous waves. Her lips are plump and inviting. Her green eyes sparkle in the light. She looks ethereal.
She smiles slightly, her pink lips turning up into a smirk.
"Hey," she replies.
"Do I know you?" you ask. The air is thick with something. It's not tension nor is it pressure. It's thick with a feeling of familiarity.
"You do," she says. Her voice is melodic, almost like music. She steps forward. Even clad in a T-shirt and jeans, she has an aura of grace and something more than human. She's anything but normal.
"Why?" you ask, your voice soft and barely audible.
Yet she hears you. "Don't you remember?"
Have the two of you met before? You try to remember. You search your mind for answers, but you find none.
She smiles slightly. "I would show you my wings, but I gave them up to come here."
When she says "wings", you feel a flash of memory hit you. You see her face, her dress, and her white wings spread behind her.
"Oh my god," you whisper, looking to her standing in front of you once more.
"A bad pun," she comments wryly, an amused look on her face.
"You're an angel," you say softly. Again, your voice is quiet, but she hears you effortlessly.
"Not anymore. Not technically," she replies.
"But why?"
"It was the only way I could be with you."
You let her words sink in. She chose you over being an angel.
"But...you don't even really know me."
"But I do," she replies. "And you know me."
You stare into her eyes, looking for any hint of joking. Yet you can only see honesty.
You don't know what's happening until your lips have already crashed together. You lean into her, tangling a hand in her soft blonde hair. Memories come flooding back to you, and it all moves so fast.
She pulls you closer until your bodies are pressed together. You're practically one. You deepen the kiss, clinging to her like you're scared she'll disappear. You actually are scared; she disappeared once from your life, and you don't want to let her go again.
Only this time, she's not going anywhere.

A/N
that was a weird one but I felt like it and also
I don't write about Chloë a lot but I am so in love with her
it's just she's so perfect that it's hard to portray her in my writing
she's ethereal