New Year's Eve

You're at a New Year's Eve party...

I KNOW IM LATE I DIDNT HAVE TIME TO PROOFREAD AND PUBLISH OKAY LMAO

"Chloë!" you yell as you spot her by the fireplace.
"Y/n!" Her face lights up when she sees you, and your heart skips a beat. You've always had a crush on her, and tonight, you're going to finally tell her how you feel.
Making your way through the crowd, you reach her side, and she gives you a one-armed hug, careful not to spill her drink on you.
"Hey! It was boring without you," she says as she pulls away, her green eyes sparkling in the light.
"Thanks," you chuckle, trying to slow your rapidly beating heart.
"You smell really nice, by the way," she adds, making you blush. "You have to let me borrow your perfume sometime."
"Of course," you laugh, your stomach practically doing flips as butterflies seem to be having a party inside you.
"Oh! You don't have a drink! Let's go get you one," she says, taking your hand and leading you toward the kitchen. Her touch sends a spark through you, and you bite your lip. You want to her to be yours—and you to be hers—so badly.
After wading through the sea of people, you finally make it into the kitchen, where Chloë pours you a drink.
"Thanks," you tell her, taking a sip.
"No problem," she replies, smiling at you. She has one of those smiles that reaches her eyes. It's like her entire face lights up with joy, and it always makes you feel warm and a bit giddy.
"It's almost time!" someone shouts, and you glance at your phone. Only two minutes left. You want to tell her your feelings at midnight, as the new year begins.
"Let's go over here," she says, taking your hand and pulling you into a corner, where no one can bother you. "Much more comfortable."
"Mhmm," you hum, feeling distracted by her hand still in yours. Her skin is so soft and warm, and you find yourself absently tracing patterns with your thumb.
"You know y/n," she says, looking into your eyes.
"What?"
"I really want pizza right now," she says seriously, making you burst into laughter. "What? It's true!" she laughs, and you bend over as you laugh uncontrollably. You don't even know why you find it so funny, but you do.
It takes you a moment to regain your composure, and you wipe your eyes before straightening again.
"I see I got you there," she jokes, nudging your side.
"I don't even know why that amused me so much," you admit.
"IT'S ALMOST TIME!" someone shouts like a lunatic. "FIVE!"
"Chloë, I have something I need to tell you," you say breathlessly.
"Hmm?" Her eyes sparkle in the light, and she absently brushes a strand of hair behind your ear. Her fingertips brush your skin, sending a spark through you.
"TWO!" the guy screams.
"I—" Suddenly, just as the guy shouts "ONE!", Chloë's lips are on yours, cutting off your words. You freeze in shock, the words still stuck in your throat. Her lips are warm and soft against yours, and you can taste something fruity—something from what she was drinking earlier. She smoothly takes your drink from your hand and puts it aside along with her own. Moving her hands to your waist, she pulls you closer, making your face heat up. You put your arms around her neck as she rests her hands on your lower back.
Everyone is cheering around you, but it's all a blur. The only thing in focus is Chloë. Her hands on your back. Her soft lips against yours. Her warm body pressing into you.
It feels like you've been kissing for an eternity, but it still feels too soon when you pull apart for air.
She giggles, pressing her forehead to yours.
"I've wanted to do that for so long," she says blissfully.
"Me, too," you breathe, wanting to pinch yourself to see if this is real.
"What did you want to say?"
"I wanted to tell you that I really like you, but I think those words have already been expressed in other ways," you chuckle, making her smile.
"I'd like to express them a bit more, if you don't mind," she whispers, pulling you closer and letting her lips brush yours.
"I'd like that very much," you reply before pressing your lips to hers once more.

A/N
KINDA LATE SORRY
BUT
YEAH
HAPPY NEW YEAR
*she says nearly two weeks after January 1*