We stopped at a mid section. There were multiple hallways that led to different areas. "Everyone should have emergency communicators on their suits, right, Shiro?" He nodded then pulled out a small device from a pocket in the paladin bodysuit. He placed it in his ear. I turned to Allura then searched for hers. After finding ut, I quickly put it in my own ear.

We started running again. Acxa ran through the halls, leading us. Shiro started talking through the communicators as we ran around, avoiding soldiers and centries. "Does anyone copy? Pidge! Lance! Hunk! Coran! Get off the ship and get down to the planet below us! I don't know how you'll do it, but make it happen and get to safety everyone!"

There was a static in my own ear piece. Someone has theirs in, but we couldn't hear what they were saying.

From here on out, we could only hope that the other four were at least together, and hopefully still safe and all alive in one piece.

The ship rocked a little more, and by the way we were running, it had turned so it was at an angle. The floors weren't flat and straight anymore. And in some areas of the ship we ran into, we had to turn around since complete sections were just gone, shot down and flown away in space.

We found one of the emergency escape pods. There was only one pod though. One of these pods could only fit one person! All the oyher emergency pods were destroyed! I turned around about to protest and tell them to turn around si we could look for more

But I was greeted with a hug.

And then my body being harshly shoved backwards. I landed on the ground with Allura on top of me. "Wa-" I felt a hit on the head and fell back again.

This time the world was a blur. "N-no, Shiro, wait-"

The door closed quickly, too quickly. Shiro smiled softly at me from the outside, then the two began to run off. And instantly, the emergency pod shot off and towards ground level. I held onto Allura and braced for impact. When we entered the atmosphere of the planet, the pod started to burn up. It wasn't bred for this. It would be destroyed by the time we got to the bottom.

Before I knew it, we were crashing through tall trees, large and thick branches attacking us from all sides, while leaves and plants covered the entire pod, blinding us completely.

Then darkness.

---

"Lance! Lance, there you are! Come on, we need to leave now!"

All I could see was smoke. Where was I even right now? And who was talking? Who was shouting my name.

Someone emerged from the smooe and fire. It was Pidge. She shoved my palladium helmet onto my head and I breathed in as much air as I could.

Now I could see and Pidge was the inly one in front of me. I forced myself to stand and let her lead the two of us out of the room and down the halls. We passed by Galra soldiers, who pointed at us and began to chase us down.

I thought we were making an alliance with the Galra...

So how on Earth did everything suddenly turn around. "Lance, are toy awake? Listen to me." Pidge pulled us into a room and spammed the door shut.

"Lotor betrayed us, okay? And his army is trying to kill Voltron." She pat me down, then pulled something small out of one of my pockets. It wss an ear piece. "Shiro's been talking to everyone through these. But I haven't been able to talk to him. There's too much interference. According to him, Allura and Keith are safe on the planet below. We need to get down there vefore this place blows. Got it?" I quickly nodded along.