Growing Up

"Wait. You can't just blow up the island. Yao Fei is still out there, Slade." I argue.

"He is not my concern, kid." Slade snaps.

"Really? He is the only reason you came here. Rescuing him was your mission!" I snap back.

We're now standing toe to toe with each other.

"The mission has changed. Edward Flyers is a mercenary and he is not on this island by mistake. He has plans for me and you that involve Yao Fei. And whatever they, they must end." Slade explains.

"Yao Fei saved my life." I state.

"That is your debt to repay, not mine." Slade says.

I nod and step back, walking away from him. He grabs my arm.

"Where are you going?" Slade ask, trying to bring me back.

"He saved me, he took care of me. Yao Fei did all of this for a little girl he barely knew. I am done being a ungrateful little girl. I can't leave Yao Fei to die here. I won't, Slade." I yell, ripping my arm away from him and turning around to look at him.

"The plane leaves in three hours. If you and your friend are not on it I am going to leave without you." Slade sighs.

I nod in understanding and go to leave. I stop at the door. I turn to look at Slade, tears in my eyes but they never fall.

"If I don't make it in time and you do, could you call my family? Please?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"Sure, kid." Slade nods.

I nod and take off away from the tower.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

I duck behind a truck, trying to catch my breath and calm my racing heart. When I peak over the truck, I end up ducking down quickly, seeing 3 soldiers walking in my direction. I hold my breath and stay very still as they walk by me. When they go by me, I immediately run toward another parked truck. I watch as various soldiers and trucks, until I spot him. Yao Fei. I see him walk into a tent, and I follow him.

:/:/./:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"How did you-?" Yao stutters out when he sees me in the tent.

"Come on, let's go. I'll explain on the way." I say.

"Foolish girl. You should have never came back here." Yao snaps lowly.

"I found Slade Wilson and he has a way off the island but we have to go right now." I explain.

"No. No!" Yao growls angrily.

"What? What do you mean no? This is our chance, Yao. What, what reason could you possibly have for staying here?" I argue wit him lowly.

"Not what, who." Yao sighs.

I look at him, confused by what he's saying. But, we both freeze when we hear someone enter the tent and turn around to see Fyers. Before I could try to run or attack, Yao punches me in the face and knocks me out.

"Ah, Ms. Queen, I think it's past time you left this island permanently." I hear Fyers say to me as I fade into unconsciousness.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"Simply to satisfy my own curiosity why aren't you already dead? I saw Yao Fei choke you to death." Fyers asks.

"I guess he's not as strong as he looks." I spit out.

"Still, you return for him. You're either a fool or is it possible you now see yourself as a hero?" Fyers questions.

"I am not a hero." I say.