Too Close for Comfort

"I can't believe you just killed that guy, Thea." John huffs and whines as we walk out the auto shop, me carrying the body out over my shoulder.

"You know you really have a low opinion of me. Open the truck." I scoff.

John pops open the truck and I toss the body inside carelessly. John gives me a look. 

"What he was heavy? And you weren't exactly useful, princess." I shrug.

I look over my shoulder before pressing a certain spot in the guy's neck. 

"Jesus Christ!" John yelps as he jumps back.

"Will you keep it down? I'm bringing a guy back from the dead." I laugh as I place my hand on his shoulder.

"That's a neat trick. You gonna teach me that one day?" John smiles.

"No." I say as I knock the guy back out with a single punch.

"What are you doing?" He ask as I shut the trunk.

"Arrange a new identity for this guy. Get him out of the city." I instruct.

"Right, so your Russian pal draws out The Count vigilante takes him  down." John says as he walks to the driver seat.

"No, Diggle, because then the Bratva would know that I used them and that relationship is too valuable. I do the meet with The Count as myself let him leave, then we follow him to his hideout." I explain as I walk to the backseat side.

"You make it sound so easy." John laughs.

"It's easy when I've got my trusty bodyguard." I smile as I hop in. 

"Fantastic, looking forward to my new and exciting career as a drug dealer." John mumbles under his breath sarcastically as he jumps in the driver's side.

:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:

"My father was able to get Judge Brackett to back off his hardline stance." Laurel starts off.

"Your father hates me and my family with passion." Oliver scoffs.

"No." "Yup." Laurel and I both say.

"That's beside the point, who told you to get involved?" Oliver ask.

I turn away guiltily. Laurel looks at me with wide eyes.

"You didn't tell him did you?" Laurel asks softly.

"I did." I say strongly looking him dead in the eye, challenging him to argue with me.

"The judge has agreed to a sentence of 500 community hours and mandatory addiction meetings for 3 months, with 4 years of probation." Laurel explains.

"Thea, Laurel-." Oliver tries to argue.

"Stop. You're gonna take the deal and you're gonna thank Laurel and Quentin. And the Judge." I say quickly.

"Maybe I don't want a saving grace." Oliver argues.

"It doesn't matter what you want. Okay? I need you, Ollie. I know I don't show it, but I need you. You're all I've got right now, so you can't go anywhere. I need you right next to me. Please, just take the deal." I beg, tears welding up in my eyes.

"Thank you, Laurel. But, I'm not changing my mind." Oliver sighs.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Ollie, take the deal!" I snap. 

"I can't Thea! Don't you understand? For once in my life, I need to take responsibility for my mistakes. I can't keep hiding from them anymore." Oliver explains.