Chapter 52

[Listen while reading : Hold On by Chord Overstreet]

Y/n's POV

It's been a week since our argument happened. And I'm here working like a zombie.

I bring down my pen and lean my back on the chair. I spun the chair, I'm sitting on to face myself to other direction which is at the back. I stared in the pictures that are on the cabinet.

I miss her, that's all I think. It's been a week but nothing happened. I don't have any contact with her but I do have friends that her friends too, that I can ask about her: how she's doing, where she went when she's spotted out, is she doing great or anything.

When will she going to talk to me? Or maybe I should be the one to talk to her. I mean, I know I was wrong that I didn't tell her that I'm going there. I should have asked her if it was okay. Argh! I hate myself now.

I didn't know that I was crying 'til I found myself sniffle multiple times. I wiped my tears away when I heard a multiple knocks coming from the door. I spun my chair and organized my table and act like nothing happened.

"Come in," once I said that there's a little girl who's wearing a cute pink bonnet, peeking on the door.

"Hello there, Sarah!" I greeted her. She ran towards me and her mom was following her behind.

I placed her on my lap, "Hi! Dra. Y/n!"

"How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good...thanks God I'm still breathing," she said. I looked at her mother who is trying to stop herself from breaking because Sarah was diagnosed with leukemia which is she's still in medication, for now. That's what she said. I was taken back of what she said but I still smiled at her for being a strong girl and for thanking God.

We talked and played for awhile before she went for chemotherapy. We watched Sarah sleeping as the drug continues to run inside her. I looked at the woman beside me.

“It's okay.” I said once I saw her eyes' glossy and with that a tear fell down from her eye. I placed my arm around her and pulled her for a hug.

••••

I changed my clothes into my normal clothes. I grabbed my bag and went to the parking lot. Luckily, no paparazzi. I clicked the remote and my car honk. I hopped in. I put the key and start the engine and get out of the parking lot.

While I was waiting for the green light to light, I plugged my phone to my car and clicked the shuffle on. I looked around as the melancholy sound of the piano playing at the background. It's a beautiful city, really. I gazed around until my gazed fell to the scene that makes me sad.

It's a couple who's happily walking on the sidewalk. The other one stole a kiss on their partner's lip.

I miss you, I said as if she's here and I'm talking to her.

I sighed and focused myself on the road. I stepped on the gas once the green lit up.

They pull you in to feel your heartbeat...
Can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me!"’, I sang my heart as the song played.

Once I reached the condominium, I fished the card from my wallet and I placed it on the sensor. I pushed the door and locked it behind. I placed my bag on the table and went to the kitchen planning to make myself a dinner but I found myself not doing it. I'm not hungry.