Chapter Seven - Tightly Wired

Start from the beginning

"Good, well then, see ya." Xavier jumped off the step and walked down the driveway before I had a chance to say anything else. I wanted to run after him, but instead I stood at the door, looking like a confused moron.

Noah hopped out of his car. He was tall and incredibly good looking. He didn't dress like your usual indie artist either. He wore dark pants that clung to his hips and accentuated his assets. His black dress top did the same.. His hair was short and dark brown and gelled lightly. As he drew closer I began to understand Isla's description more and more. He really was strikingly beautiful. He had amazing green eyes that seemed an almost unnatural shade. I wanted to ask if they were colored contacts, but thought better of it. He stopped in front of me, his lips curled into a half smile and he looked me up and down.

"Isla was right, you're a stunner"

I wrapped my arms around my waist and shook my head. "You don't have to say that." I replied nervously. He frowned for a second and held out his hand for me.

"I do have to say it, it is the truth. I'm Noah"

I placed my hand in his and smiled. "Scarlett"

I closed the door with my free hand and locked it, then followed Noah down the steps.

I'd worried about awkwardness, but there didn't seem to be any. We hopped inside his car, my dodgy car knowledge told me it was a late model ford, but I couldn't be sure, I didn't pay enough attention. He had an apple scented car freshener, the same one I had in my car.

"We have the same taste in car fresheners" I said pointing to small plastic apple hanging from the rear view mirror. I was aware that I was making small talk, but I hadn't been on a date in a really long time, and aside from my cats, I also had no life, which left very little to talk about.

"Well, we must be made for each other then" Noah laughed as he backed out of the driveway. When we got to the end I noticed Xavier was still sitting there in his car. I smiled at him and he smiled back but he looked despondent. Noah noticed and took a deep breath.

"Ex boyfriend?" He murmured

"No, he's a friend."

"Boys don't have friends that are girls" Noah mused

"Excuse me?" I replied, caught of guard.

"Relax I was joking. Well I am glad he isn't an ex."

I shrugged and looked at the radio, desperate to change the subject.

"So, what kind of music do you like Noah?"

"I like it all. What I listen to can really influence the way I paint. Currently I am listening to this little indie band Maztro. They have these trippy electronic beats mixed in with these melodies."

Noah leaned forward and turned the radio on. The music filled the car. He was right, it almost seemed like we were inside a kaleidoscope. The different sounds flowed through me like air. It wasn't my kind of music, but that didn't hinder it's beauty.

Once the song finished playing Noah turned the radio back off.

"What about you Scarlett? What kind of music do you like"

"Rock mostly. I grew up on it. I've never been able to get away from it."

Noah smiled and nodded.

We continued to make small talk until we finally reached the gallery. As we walked through the bohemian like building, I took in all the different art pieces. There was a sculpture that looked like a penis, sitting beside a flower. It was odd, but everyone else seemed to be mesmerized by it. After half an hour of feeling like an art dunce Noah and I left.