Destory the Moon! The Villagers are Demons?

chapter twenty six

"Can we do S-Class quests now that we defeated Deliora?" Lucy jumped, excited for the pay she'd earn.

"But isn't there something you need to do first? Wasn't the real objective of this job. . .to help the villagers who've transformed into demons?" Erza crossed her arms at her comrades. "Basically, this S-Class quest isn't over yet."

"B-But Deliora is dead. So the village's curse should be lifted." Lucy pointed out,

"No. This thing you call a curse wasn't a result of Deliora. The people were affected by the Moon Drip's enormous magic energy. Just because Deliora has been vanquished doesn't mean their situation has improved in any way." Erza glared,

"Y-You can't be serious." Lucy covered her mouth with her hand.

"Okay. Let's go heal them, then!" Natsu lifted his hand up for Happy and Gen to hit.

"Aye, sir!"

"Hell yeah!"

"How, though?" Gray asked, noticing his former light-blue haired friend. "Hey. Lyon."

"I have no idea, just so you know."

"Say what?" Lucy gasped,

"What?" Happy answered, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"But if you don't know, then how else can the curse be--?" Lucy was cut off by the light-blue haired ice mage.

"We knee of the village's existence when we came to the island three years ago. But we never interfered with the villagers. They never once came to see us, either." Gen's former 'boyfriend' explained.

"Not once. . .in three years? They must've seen the Moon Drip's light, why would they make no attempt to check it out and investigate?" Erza chewed her cheek, wanting to get to the bottom of this instantly.

"I'm not even sure the Moon Drip has any effect on the body." Lyon shrugged,

"What, are you trying to say it wasn't your guys' fault now?" Natsu and Gen glared at him.

"Think about it. We were bathed in the same light for three years as well." Lyon rolled his eyes at them.

"Oh, that's true." Lucy gasped,

"Be careful. They're hiding something. This is guild work now, though." Lyon tilted his head away, secretly wanting to join a guild.

Gennyfer noticed this.

"You're not getting off that easy. You guys destroyed the vill--!" Gen stopped Natsu from doing anything.

"Leave it at that. They were acting out of their own sense of justice. There's no need to criticize what they did now." Gen moved her hand away from Natsu.

Let's go." Erza said, leading the way down the mountain.

"Go? But how are we gonna lift the curse?" Lucy asked.

"No idea." Lucy gasped that not even the great Erza had an idea of what to do.

"Wha. . .?" They all started to walk back.