Genny Uses Iced Shell! Is She Really Prepared to Die?

chapter twenty three

Gen and Gray ran to the tilted ruins.

"Looks like Natsu finally thought of something smart." Gennyfer chuckled, as they walked through the entrance.

"I guess you're right." Gray punched through a wall of ice.

Natsu and Lyon were in there, battling it all out.

"Natsu. Let ya deal with him." Gen had gotten serious now.

"What?! He's already beaten you once before!" Natsu yelled bluntly, causing Gen to growl.

"This will be the end of it. There won't be a next time." She crossed her arms.

"You're rather confident yourself." Lyon smirked at the girl.

"Ur died ten years ago because of me. But I can't let you get away with hurting my comrades, harming the village, and trying to melt that ice. We will accept our punishments together, Lyon."

Gen had gotten into a pose she remembered researching about ten years ago. Gray gasped.

"That stance. Iced Shell?!" The Fullbuster boy widened his eyes at his twin.

"Iced Shell?" Lyon and Natsu harmonized.

Natsu clenched his fist. "Have you gone mad?"

Gen ignored the pinkette, as a dark blue magic circled appeared right under her feet. "Retire the villagers to their original forms this minute! And then take your accomplices and leave! This is the last chance I'll give you!"

"I see. So you're using that spell as a bluff. What nonsense." Genny smirked at him, as the wind speed picked up.

"I'm serious."

"Genny, I won't let you do what Ur did!" Gray put his fist in his hand.

"You. . .!" Lyon did the same, but both ice mages were knocked down by the strong winds.

"Genna!" Natsu shielded his eyes from the bright light radiating from the said girl.

"The fact Ur died because of me will never change, no matter how much time passes. I have to take responsibility for it at some point. I'm going to do it here. I've been prepared to die for the last ten years!"

"Are you serious?!"

"Genny, don't you dare!"

"Answer me, Lyon! Will we both die, or will we both live?!" She glared at him, feeling her magic energy drain from her body.

Her bandages wore torn from the harsh winds, and Lyon covered his nose. Blood started to gush out. Geez, she's matured so well.

"Do it. You don't have the courage to die. You can't possibly have it!" Lyon stood on his feet, glaring back at her.

"Sorry. You're wrong." A magic circle appeared above Lyon. Nashu. Gray. Everyone in Fairy Tail, I leave the rest to you. Sorry, but it's time for me to go. This is. . .the end! A tear fell down her face. "Nashu, I'm--!"