Chapter One - Carlile

Start from the beginning

 I stepped out of the bus hearing the dusty rock crush together beneath my feet. I walked away making sure no one noticed anything suspicious. The smug look on my face probably didn't help.  Next stop: Paramore's bus. No I didn't want to do anything with Hayley, we're actually really close friends. I've known her since about tenth grade when some pretty bad shit started happening in my life. I ignored the subject and moved on. 

"Hey Hayley!" I girly shouted as soon as I saw her fiery hair. She spun that instant and held out her arms for a hug. 

"Avie!!" She screamed.  We talked for about half an hour until it was time for her set, but not before sneaking in a quick video blog. 

The day was basically filled with me hanging with a few bands, I decided it was time for my lunch break. I walked through the blistering hot sun to the drink stand. A bit of alcohol would do me good right now. 

"Whatever beer you got, I want." I said wiping the beads of sweat off of my forehead. "I.D.?" The bulky man held up the beer as if teasing. I whipped out my wallet and flashed the card, and smacked the money onto the surface. I then walked away and went backstage where food would be served to bands and crew. Several scrawny men in black tight jeans surrounded me. One burly man stuck out through the rest.  His black teased hair stuck out to different sides. His tattoos surrounded his body in the most attractive way. My body gravitated towards him and my feet led the way. He turned to face me as soon as I was within a reasonable range. 

"Uh, hi, my name is Avery," I held up my pass letting him know I wasn't a crazed fan. "Hey, Avery, I'm Ronnie."

Ronnie. As in, Ronnie Radke. The sober one. The one that beats up his girlfriends. The one that thinks he's better than everyone else. That just won't do. 

"I'm sorry, neverm-" I started to turn around and walk away but  was pushed backward by someone trying to walk towards the food. I of course collided with Ronnie and landed perfectly on top of him. We were both lying on the ground when a boy with black hair that looked like a flatter version of Ronnie's and a jacket that read "Seaman", shouted out "Why don't you two get a room?!" That of course brought attention to the scene. I rolled over so that I was no longer crushing the poor boy and watched him stand up with bits of food falling off of him. His hand shot out to help me up and I accepted. 

"Shit, I'm going to be late for my interiview with A Day To Remember!" I said as I looked down at my food covered body. 

"Here, come with me."  Of course I would have denied and just cancelled my interview but, he pulled my arm before I could say no. Within seconds I was in the Falling in Reverse tour bus standing in the hall watching Ronnie scramble through the hall, searching for something. I almost wanted to walk right out of the door. 

He walked back out to where I was standing and extended his arm. In his hand was a black tank top. I raised my eyebrow wondering where he got this from. 

"It's band merch." He stated. I nodded and unfolded the shirt and read the blue words. The shirt read "I <3 Ronnie Radke". 

"Seriously?!" I said in between my giggles. 

"What?" He asked seriously. Then he also burst into laughter. 

"Seriously though, put on the god damn shirt." I nodded and walked behind him gently hitting him on the shoulder on the way. 

"Where's your bathroom?" I asked turning around. He grinned. "Well, it looks like we don't have one on the bus now do we?" He said and his smirk grew. 

"Ronnie," I began. "Relax Avery, I'll cover my eyes." He said this and climbed into his bunk which was of course, on top.

He remembered my name. Maybe he wasn't so bad. I peeked around the corner one more time to make sure he wasn't looking and slid my shirt off and pulled on the other one. He would give me this one. Jerk. Well, sweet jerk I guess. 

"Okay Ronnie, I'm finished." I couldn't help but blush at the fact that the Ronnie Radke was in the same room with me while I was changing. Wait, what am I saying? 

"Aw, well don't you just look adorable?" He said and laughed at what the shirt said. 

"Shut up, but, thank you." I said and looked at the ground because I felt uncomfortable thanking him for some reason. 

"You're welcome." He said. Nothing more. 

"Well, I better get going, Jeremy will kill me for being late." I said and started to turn around. 

"Oh right, well, Avery?" He asked and I instantly spun around. 

"Yeah?" 

"Maybe tonight while we're driving to the next venue we can maybe have some dinner?" He looked so innocent. 

"Oh, um, I don't know." I said and he looked. hurt. 

"I'm not really as bad as you think, Avery." He said and sat down on the couch. 

"Okay, fine, meet me in the parking lot at around eight?" I asked, that's about when we both get done. 

He nodded and I walked off of the bus. I can't believe what just happened. I swear it felt like a dream. Ugh, what am I saying, I don't like Ronnie Radke.