Chapter Eleven - Shaw

On the last day of Warped Tour, there was a big gathering at the end of the day. So many of my friends and past affairs attended. It was hard not to do any drugs or drink. Very hard. 

I was twenty weeks pregnant. Time for my first ultrasound. 

Ronnie had placed his hand over my belly. He was talking to the baby. 

"Avie, are you sure you want me to be the father?" He asked. 

"I wouldn't have anyone else." I said, running my hands through his hair.

"Even though we're not married?" 

"I only want you." I said just as the tech came in. 

"Hello, I'm Elaine Shaw, you're Avery and I'm assuming this is the father?" She asked gesturing towards Ronnie. 

"Uh, yeah, I'm Ronnie." He said standing to shake her hand. 

"Avery, if I could have you lift your shirt just enough for the bump to be shown." She said while putting gloves on. 

She put a gel over my stomach which was surprisingly warm. 

Ronnie rubbed his thumb over my hand that he was squeezing for comfort. 

She rubbed the extension of the machine over my bare stomach. 

"Do you want to know the gender?" She asked. 

I looked at Ronnie. 

think I wanted to know the gender. Or do I want it to be a surprise? 

"Ronnie?" I asked. 

"Yes." He said. He was so excited, I could tell. 

"It's a girl." She said with a huge grin spreading across her face. 

Ronnie let his head down. He was so thankful to be having a baby girl. 

I started crying and I didn't even realize it. 

--

"Hello?" 

 "Hey Danny, it's me." I spoke into the phone.

"Avie, how's it going?" He asked. 

"Well, I'm - I'm pregnant." I said. I could barely let the words come out. I was so worried about what he would say. We just made up I don't want him to be angry at me again. 

"T-That's great Avie." He said. I don't think he wanted to make me feel bad. 

"Who's the father?" He asked. 

"Well, I don't know." I said simply, as if it wasn't a big deal. 

"Oh, uh, well, do you know anything about the baby yet? How far along are you?" 

"I'm twenty weeks, and it's a baby girl." I said with my hand resting against my stomach. 

"I am truly happy for you Avie, but you called at a bad time, I need to go. I'll call you later, bye." He said as he hung up. No, he wasn't being rude, he was handling this news in his own way. I know him too well.