o n e // you

Emily's P.O.V:

     Out of the blue, I hear the shrill noise of the alarm ringing and the sound disturbing the peaceful atmosphere. Groaning I roll over under my heavy fluffy white blanket and switch off the alarm. Picking my phone and squinting my eyes I see the date. It's 23 August. Letting out a yawn, I turn my phone upside down back to where it was.

     I laid on my back and closed my eyes. My hands were placed on my stomach, fingers crossed with each other. Something is not right. My body jolted forward, causing my head to spin. Today is the day! The day I've been waiting for since I've got the job.

      I ran a hand over my face. Rubbing my eyes with the back of my palm. Rolling out my comfortable bed, I stand up straight, stretching and relaxing my muscles.

     Lazily but kind of jogging, I head towards the bathroom. Closing the door I let out a yawn.

     I almost let out a scream looking at what is my reflection. Checking myself in the mirror I cringe at the sight of my hair and my face. My hair looks more like a birds nest and I have pillow streaks on my face. Scrunching my nose up, I stroll to take a hot shower. I stand under the hot water, letting it soothe my muscles and nerves.

     After finishing my fearful and torturous four years in college, I gave numerous job interviews. The interview for the Styles limited was the hardest. The interviewers were cold, intimidating and too straight forward.

     After the interview I had lost all hope of getting a job there. I had applied for small jobs here and there, in order to work around till I would get my acceptance letter from any of the big companies, I had called Aaron almost every day. He was more excited than I had been.

     I remember screaming my heart out with excitement, jumping up and down. The letter my mom handed me, which had clearly typed that I got the job at Styles limited.

     I had my final interview for this job in America during the month of June. I came to London during the end of June.

      I brush my teeth and wear my bath robe. I quickly blow dry my hair and apply slight makeup which looks natural. I no longer look like a monster crawled out of  a cave.

      Rushing to the kitchen, I grab a snack bar and eat it up. Scratch that, more like I shoved it into my mouth.

      Running back to my room, I open my closet and take out an outfit which looks presentable for the meeting. Adding some accessories I quickly grab my shoes and bag. I get ready and head out. I hastily close the door behind me and rush down the stairs.

     Putting my hands, into the sleeves of my jeans jacket, I dial my mother's number.

     I catch a taxi and tell the driver the address. Adjusting the strap of my heals, I let out a loud sigh. "Hello Emy! Everything fine?" My mother's happy voice reaches my ears through my phone. I smile and give her a quick summary on what I was planning on doing today. She laughs and that immediately makes me miss her a lot! She tells how everything is fine, and hangs up as Aaron called up on dad's phone. Telling our small goodbye, I lay my head on the window.

     I look out of the window, the gray skies and the tall buildings passing by. I reach and I pay the taxi driver. I turned around and blow my hair out of my face. Right before me stands the tall glass window 40 storyed building.

     There are a lot of people, rushing here and there out side the building. Traffic filled roads, people honking loudly. Thankfully I got out early.

      I enter and see the place with my mouth agape. There was a rod , which would lift up and let me go to the elevator, only if I had a card to scan.