Is he bipolar? Why's he all blushy and shit today? It's gross. Maybe he has a fever. I don't care.

The plane takes off and I stare out the window, feeling myself being torn in two.

I'll be back Ryder. I promise, I'll be back. I hope you find those letters.

I chuckle.

I've been hoping a lot nowadays. I didn't even believe in hope before. What's the point of hoping when you can't control the situation? I used to think it was like me throwing a pebble in a tornado and expecting it to land back in my hands. Impossible.

But now hope is the only thing keeping my dark days, a little bit brighter. So I'll hope as much as I can.

"Here." My thoughts are cut off and I look up to see Caleb standing next to me, holding out a bag of onion rings.

He waits for me to grab it, looking down at me with a weird expression.

"No thanks." I turn my gaze back to the window, dismissing him.

His presence crouches down next to me and I roll my eyes.

"What do you want?" I turn my head slowly to face him. He looks everywhere besides my eyes.

"Rose, I know I've been a real dick to you and I'm sorry. I was doing what they told me and I got a little carried away. It's just- I've been wanting to meet you since I was 4 probably. When we get married, just know I'll treat you right. I-"

"We're not getting married." I state, cutting him off and turning back to look at the window.

He pauses.

"Rose, I'll do whatever you want. I'll be a good husband and no matter what I'll always l-"

"You'll do whatever I want? Even now?" I ask, seeing him from the corner of my eye.

He nods.

I completely turn to face him.

"Then I need you to turn off all the cameras you have in Ryder's house, or anywhere near him and his crew."

Caleb puts his hand on my knee and squeezes. It takes everything in me to not smack it off.

"Yeah, we already have you, there's no need for them there." His hand moves up to my thigh and my eye twitches.

I'll personally claw off his fingernails.

"Rose, I know we started off really bad but I just want to let you know, we're meant to be and I'll cherish you. So don't think about leaving. I was born for you and you were, me." He looks at me with this, almost brainwashed gaze.

His grip on my thigh gets a lot tighter.

I nod, cringing as far back into my seat as possible.

"I get it, thanks." I grab the onion rings from his other hand and he stands up, letting go.

"I'll talk to you later." I nod and he finally goes away.

My heart is in my throat and I can't help the goosebumps on my skin.

I hated his hands on me, but if I play my cards right, this could be an easier trip than I thought.

Seduction.

I could seduce him. Maybe then I could get a little connection with Ryder. It won't be hard, in Caleb's mind, I'm a central figure, if I'm correct.

I rub my arms and swallow down the knot in my throat.

I'll do whatever I have to, to get back to Ryder or at least talk to him.

No matter what.

***