Beginning of the Grand Magic Games

Start from the beginning

"What, me and Flame Brain... WHY!?" Gajeel asked.

"Me and metalhead? WHY!?" Natsu cried.

"All four of them would form a cool team... " Lucy nodded

"But if we add Gray they'll start fighting... so we add someone who will stop the fighting in the bleachers," Wakaba pointed out.

"So... Sting, Rogue, Gajeel, Natsu, and Erza," Charle nodded.

"Wait, what?" Natsu choked.

"Very well, I suppose that leaves Mira, Laxus, Erik, Gray, and Lucy as a team," Romeo nodded.

"First, you should help each other out, even if you're on different teams... but once it's one on one..." Acnologia smiled.

"Oh yeah! You hear that ice boy, you better not go solo on me, I'll beat you to ash!" Natsu smiled.

"Bring it on Pyro!"

"Come at me Squinty Eyes!"

"ENOUGH!" Erza yelled.

The two teams went to train as did many more... reserves, at least that's what Acnologia called them. They were there just in case one of their contestants were seriously wounded.

Ur, Lyon, and Gray went to the mountains to train. There they met with a familiar face; Ultear.

"Ultear?" Ur smiled turning around to face her daughter.

"I'm glad you're okay, I just came to..." Ultear began saying. Then she realized that all three mages were in their bathing suits, "is this a bad time?"

"No, in fact, you should join us," Gray smiled.

"Uh-"

"Ultear, you are the child of Ur and you use ice magic, put a bathing suit on and join us," Lyon interrupted Ultear.

"I... don't have a bathing suit," Ur said desperately trying to come up with an excuse.

"I've got you," Lyon said running towards the cabin they were renting. He came back out with a blue two-piece bathing suit.

"Dare I ask why you have a girl bathing suit in your luggage?" Gray asked.

"It was in case..."

"What, in case Juvia had a bathing suit malfunction?"

"Maybe," Lyon answered quickly.

"I don't think that'll suit m-" Ultear began arguing.

"Put it on, you'll be fine," Gray reassured her.

Soon the four mages were practicing their ice-making abilities in the snow.

That same summer, Juvia met up with Meredy and caught up. Erik disappeared for the summer; he was training with the Oracion Seis who were happy to see that he had returned. Erza and Jellal reunited on a beach but Jellal left shortly after. Ultear followed, leaving in the night so as not to disturb her mother and foster brothers. Meredy left after that leaving Juvia alone to train. Erik, however, spent the entire summer with his friends and returned immensely happy.

Then the day came... the Grand Magic Games. Of course, both teams made the qualifications and Acnologia thought that they should be happy with the second and third place... but they were just too competitive. Laxus's team won second place because of Erik's superior hearing and Mira's good navigation skills. Natsu's team won third place because of pure will... and he was not happy being beat by his elder brothers. When the first-place team, Sabertooth took the field, both teams were unhappy. The boos in the crowd aimed towards Fairy Tail didn't help either.