43 • gossip

Somehow Jackie had managed to make me feel like the 3th wheel as she was talking with Ashton about the album. Ashton seemed so excited to talk to her about it so I just left them. I wanted him to get along with my family, so I'm not stopping him now that he's doing that.

"So was anyone awake during the flight?" Mom asked me after she yawned once again. We were still waiting for half of our lugage at the airport.

"Jackie and Ashton were awake the full flight and I managed to be awake the last 30 minutes." I replied with a smile and she laughed softly. "I was so exhausted so my little nap was great."

"I think it was great to all of us." Mom said with a smile. "I might have been very against your relationship with him in the beginning, but I really starting to like him."

"I really like him too." I said with a smile as I looked at him and when he catched me looking, he looked back at me with a smile. It meant the world to me to see how he got along with my family.

All our lugage seemed to come at once so we all quickly took a suitcase and Ashton reached for my guitar before it was gone again and we would have had to wait another round.

"Am I losing you to my sister?" I asked him with a grin as he handed me my guitar.

"She might be a bit young for me." He said with a laugh before we all did our best to get our own suitcase. "Let me take your bag." Ashton offered as he saw me struggle with holding my guitar, backpack, suitcase and Piper.

"Thank you." We followed my parents and Jackie to the car rental unit where my dad would probably get a warm welcome and an hour long chat.

"I am going to sleep so good tonight." He said with a chuckle and I think we both would. I have been stressing all night about this and Ashton has just had a 14 hour flight before getting on another 2 hour flight. And ofcourse the timedifference and jet lag.

"Did I already say we have to be at breakfast by 7:30 tomorrow?" I said and he shot me a glare. "We're just staying in Oslo for a night to rest before leaving again."

"So you're driving tomorrow so I can sleep in the car?" He asked and I nodded, "We should do something like this with both our families next summer. Not a round trip but just go somewhere nice and spend time together. We're both going to live in different continents as them so it would be nice."

"Just don't say that to my dad because if you do, he will start planning the whole thing already."

"I'll keep my mouth shut." He replied with a smile. "Or we could just sneak away alone."

"I think I'd love that even more." I replied before we stopped at the car rental agency.

"Sam and Ashton, I will make sure you get your car first so you can already head to the hotel. I booked your room on Sam's name so it should be no problem to get it." My dad explained before heading to the guy, he got one of the guys from the agency to bring us to our car while he talked to the manager. It's like this at every stop we make.

"Your dad sure knows a lot of people." Ashton said when we started putting everything in the car.

"He refuses to just take some time off so this trip is work for him too." I replied and he nodded understandingly.

"Just like you brought your guitar to finish some things." He replied and I laughed softly.

"Admit it, you would have brought yours from LA if I didn't take mine with us." I said and he laughed too. I put Piper's blanket on the backseat before letting her jump in and attaching her to the seatbelt, safety first.