20 • space

"Is now a good time to say I actually need glasses when I'm driving?" I asked while we were driving back to the hotel after the beach.

"You drove us there this morning." Luke said in disbelieve. "Are you trying to kill us?"

"Yes." I replied back as serious as I could. "I'm actually serious so I can't really read the signs until we're very close."

"How do you survive without glasses in daily life if you can't even read the fucking signs?" Michael asked and they were all freaking out.

"I wear contacts 99% of the time but the package got damaged in my suitcase so I'm kinda blind now." I replied in full honesty.

"How bad is you vision?" Ashton asked me calmly.

"It's good enough to drive unless it's dark." I replied as I focused on the road.

"Can you read the license plate of the car infront of you?" Michael asked and I shook my head.

"Just relax, I've done this before." I said as I turned into the street of the hotel succesfully.

"Yeah but I'm driving until you get contacts or glasses." Ashton stated with his eyes glued on the road now he knew my big secret. I thought it was hilarious to drive them there this morning.

"I will tomorrow." I said with a grin. "If anyone doesn't have plans tonight, room service and pitch perfect movie marathon in my room."

"Luke and I are going to some old friends." Calum said with a smile.

"Family dinner." Michael added so I looked at Ashton after parking my car.

"Why not? It's better then sitting alone in my room." He replied with a smile.

"Luke, you still got to wash Piper before I'm letting you go anywhere." I said as I looked at him.

"I know. I'll bring her to your room all clean with a bow around her head." He said with a laugh as he picked her up.

"Thank you." I smiled at him before walking to my room. I was sleeping at a different floor as them which I didn't mind at all. It gave me just a bit more privacy.

I took a shower and put on a pair of loose sport shorts and a tank top before sitting down on bed with my laptop.

I worked for school for an hour without anyone interrupting me when someone knocked on my door.

"The full pitch perfect marathon would be around 5 hours so I assumed you didn't want to start too late. And I also got Piper." Ashton said with a smile when I opened the door.

"Thank you." I said as I looked down at Piper, she had a red bow around her head and it was adorable.

"Luke made me promise to put it on when I gave her back."

"It's adorable." I let him in and sat back down on the bed after helping Piper on and saved all school documents.

"Working for school again?"

"Always." I said with a small sigh.

"What would you have done if you didn't get into med school?" He asked as he sat down beside me, leaning against the wall.

"Beside doing my application for med school, I also auditioned for Juilliard in New York and the Royal Academy of Music in London. I got into both so I always had a plan B. If med school would fail, I knew I had somewhere else to go." I replied and he looked at me with a big smile. "What?"

"Just imagine how different your life would have been if you didn't choose for med school. Maybe you would be touring around yourself now."

"I would have been dead now if I didn't. I figured out I had cancer in class. We were learning how to make echographic images and I was the volunteer to be the patient. I would have never found out I had cancer until it was too late if I wasn't in that class. So I'd like to believe I made the right choice going to med school." I explained and he didn't expect that. "Damn I didn't mean to bring the mood down like that."